Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2019-11-14 10:34:51

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: change theme/page/style

Gallex wrote #320069:

how google will deal with error 404 pages? will it remove them from index…?

Your 404 page will usually have meta robots sent to none…

What I do if a section shouldn’t show is:

• Make sure you have nothing in your site linking to it, including feeds and sitemaps.
  • If it’s absolutely vital that nobody should be able to reach the page should they enter the url manually into the address bar, I use something like arc_redirect to catch those incoming links and redirect them to another page of the site.

You can use .htaccess too, but it’s harder to remember what you’ve set up.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#12 2019-11-14 10:35:12

Gallex

etc wrote #320074:

No, create a separate page with just <txp:txp_die status="404" /> and make it live for hidden sections.

i did this:

<txp:if_logged_in>
<!doctype html>
...my old page...
</html>
<txp:else/>
<txp:txp_die status="404" />
</txp:if_logged_in>

#13 2019-11-14 10:52:28

Bloke
Developer
Website

jakob wrote #320079:

I use something like arc_redirect

OT: how did I miss this plugin when I created smd_redirect ? Looks almost the same, but Andy’s has a proper table where mine has a drag list.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#14 2019-11-14 11:31:20

jakob
Admin
Website

Bloke wrote #320082:

OT: how did I miss this plugin when I created smd_redirect ? Looks almost the same, but Andy’s has a proper table where mine has a drag list.

Actually yours is more flexible as it supports regex. The drag and drop is nice, too. I tried to restyle yours into a more structured table-like appearance but managed to muck up the saving routine while trying. I must revisit that some time.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#15 2019-11-14 11:52:11

Bloke
Developer
Website

jakob wrote #320084:

I tried to restyle yours into a more structured table-like appearance but managed to muck up the saving routine while trying. I must revisit that some time.

Yeah, that’d be good, thank you. The list thing gets a bit unwieldy and difficult to read when there are 50-odd rules in play. I would do an actual table like Andy, but the pagination aspect makes drag/drop tricky.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer