Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2019-08-20 18:38:06

gaekwad
Admin

Update server connectivity problem

This has just started appearing on a 4.7.3 diagnostics page:

There was a problem connecting to the Textpattern update server. Please try again later.

For completeness, what is the URL endpoint that 4.7.3 uses to check for updates? I know 4.7 has deprecated XML-RPC (thankfully), and I’m reasonably sure we use textpattern.com/version.json, but another pair of eyes and more brainz are very much appreciated.

#2 2019-08-21 04:14:03

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Update server connectivity problem

gaekwad wrote #319089:

This has just started appearing on a 4.7.3 diagnostics page:

There was a problem connecting to the Textpattern update server. Please try again later....

For completeness, what is the URL endpoint that 4.7.3 uses to check for updates? I know 4.7 has deprecated XML-RPC (thankfully), and I’m reasonably sure we use textpattern.com/version.json, but another pair of eyes and more brainz are very much appreciated.

Yes, it is. The endpoint is https://textpattern.com/version.json and is given in txp_diag.php. It returned the correct response for me when I just tried.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2019-08-22 02:38:03

bici
Website

i have the same problems :

Pre-flight check
There was a problem connecting to the Textpattern update server. Please try again later.

…. texted postive

#4 2019-08-22 13:14:26

gaekwad
Admin

bici wrote #319094:

i have the same problems :

Hmm. I’m seeing the error on some but not all sites I run. I can’t see any issues with the Textpattern server end, there are zero access restrictions on that file, every access I’ve tried shows a 200 OK status, and it’s not cached at all. Strange. I have a vague memory that etc had some code to put into an article to test the PHP curl functionality, I’ll see if I can find it.

#5 2019-08-22 15:29:12

bici
Website

gaekwad wrote #319098:

Hmm. I’m seeing the error on some but not all sites I run. I can’t see any issues with the Textpattern server end, there are zero access restrictions on that file, every access I’ve tried shows a 200 OK status, and it’s not cached at all. Strange. I have a vague memory that etc had some code to put into an article to test the PHP curl functionality, I’ll see if I can find it.

i just checked another site on a different server and saw no problems

…. texted postive

Board footer