Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2019-03-24 09:30:59

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: V-loggin' is doggin'

As I understand that you may not want full photos:)

ps. the photo above is from Chrome (which also detected the tracker before). Interestingly, ff is still showing the warning.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#14 2019-03-24 10:10:14

Destry
Website

colak wrote #317273:

Interestingly, ff is still showing the warning.

Strange. You see it on FF. Jakob doesn’t… And I still don’t get how csf.wion.com is even relevant to Badger if your context is wion.com. They’re set up as two different origins.

Maybe there’s something in the .htaccess confusing the issue. Cross-Origin directives, maybe. I’ll check that later.

#15 2019-03-24 16:57:54

colak
Admin

Destry wrote #317275:

Strange. You see it on FF. Jakob doesn’t… And I still don’t get how csf.wion.com is even relevant to Badger if your context is wion.com. They’re set up as two different origins.

Maybe it is the way I have my ff setup. I heavily edited its about:config to maximise safety. Are you sure that you do not have any other apps? I think that even txp was using goofonts up to a version ago?

Yiannis
——————————

#16 2019-03-24 21:57:49

jakob
Admin
Website

I don’t see anything on any of your pages that loads from anywhere else other than your domain or one of your subdomains. The “network” pane of the web inspector doesn’t show any external resources at all.

In fact your site is admirably lean. The only thing that immediately springs to mind that you could optimise are the fonts – and that’s by no means essential as once loaded they are there for all subsequent pages. Currently you have them as relatively large ttf and otf fonts. If you want to, try supplying the woff and woff2 fonts, preferably subsetted to the parts of the font you’re likely to use like the Latin characters.

This site can help for fonts that are available from google fonts but that you want to serve from your site, for example Goudy 1911, Neuton, Share and Share Tech.
You can choose the weights you need and the charset subset as well as the level of support you want and it gives you a download as well as the css font-face code for it. For “HkGrotesk” you can use FontSquirrel’s webfont generator or look here from some that have already been converted.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#17 2019-03-24 22:02:12

jakob
Admin
Website

colak wrote #317282:

Maybe it is the way I have my ff setup.

colak wrote #317273:

the photo above is from Chrome (which also detected the tracker before). Interestingly, ff is still showing the warning.

Might you perhaps have another extension of something in firefox that is loaded alongside Destry’s site and makes use of google fonts? If you don’t have that extension with Chrome, that might explain the difference.

I think that even txp was using goofonts up to a version ago?

Yes, and Phil switched to serving the relevant fonts locally.

#18 2019-03-25 06:53:30

colak
Admin

jakob wrote #317287:

Might you perhaps have another extension of something in firefox that is loaded alongside Destry’s site and makes use of google fonts? If you don’t have that extension with Chrome, that might explain the difference.

Hi Julian,
Wouldn’t this be returning false positive results in other sites? I am investigating it though as this is some very strange behaviour.

Yiannis
——————————

#19 2019-03-25 14:17:58

Destry
Website

jakob wrote #317286:

you could optimise are the fonts . . . try supplying the woff and woff2 fonts

Thanks for that tip. I didn’t know those fonts were available like that. I tracked them down from free sources, but the packages I found didn’t contain the woff options.

Is it necessary to use both woff and woff2? I notice if I employ both, their combined size is larger than just the single ttf files I had before in each case. But if it’s just one or the other, then those would save about ~30-40 KB in each case.

I have to use Alegreya italic as an italic for Goudy because Goudy doesn’t come in italic. ;) It works pretty good. I just set the i and em elements to it, and whatever other slants I need.

Some day I’ll be able to buy Livory, my absolute favourite typeface in the world. I just love it. I had it via TypeKit for years, paying for that stupid service for years, while my site was offline for years. Somebody punch me in the face.

Yeah, I killed that stupid Adobe account.

In the meantime, the Goudy/Alegreya tag team is okay. No Livory, though. :{

#20 2019-03-25 14:49:05

jakob
Admin
Website

For modern browsers WOFF and WOFF2 suffice, and only one will be used depending on which is supported. You can see the level of support for WOFF and WOFF2 on caniuse.com.

#21 2019-03-25 14:49:38

jakob
Admin
Website

colak wrote #317290:

Hi Julian,
Wouldn’t this be returning false positive results in other sites? I am investigating it though as this is some very strange behaviour.

You’re right there! No further ideas…

#22 2019-03-26 12:40:50

uli

Yiannis, I’m currently comparing FF Android to Fennec (also Mozilla) and found I’ve had to disable prefetching there, too. Which gave me the idea: Is your FF maybe set to prefetch connections, which seems Mozilla’s factory default?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#23 2019-03-26 13:01:25

colak
Admin

Hi Uli,

I have prefetch to off!

Yiannis
——————————

#24 2019-03-26 13:06:31

uli

Good choice! :)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer