Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2019-03-22 21:12:41

Destry
Website

V-loggin' is doggin'

As I was bemoaning before in an inappropriate thread, my visitor logs panel is misbehaving.

I now have enough new honest-to-goodness hits to turn a page. But, when I try to change the display count, as mentioned, I get a blank screen.

I don’t really care. Frankly, I’d like to be able to turn this panel off entirely so I’m not even tempted to look into it. But, since it is a fixture there, it seems it should work properly.

But I don’t get it. It’s the same problem on both domains; two different installs.

No errors, that I can tell. Refreshes have been made. Just can’t display more than the default 12 hits.

I won’t lose sleep over it, bit if anyone has ideas. I’ll try them.

#2 2019-03-22 21:34:54

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: V-loggin' is doggin'

I’m intrigued. Are you able to send me a Publisher login so I can take a look please?

P.S. if you set Logging to None in the Preferences panel, you won’t see that option in the menu any more, therefore no Logging panel to get in the way.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2019-03-22 23:16:00

Destry
Website

Bloke wrote #317241:

Are you able to send me a Publisher login so I can take a look please?

You have mail.

if you set Logging to None

So that’s what that does. I looked at ‘none’ but that’s not the result I expected would happen. That’s efficient. ;) I’ll hang tight until you give it a look.

#4 2019-03-23 16:39:07

Destry
Website

Bloke finds no problem when he looks at my junk. :D

Still doesn’t work for me using Firefox — and only one that one panel, logs, same for two different sites — but it does work in Safari. So, FF browser is the issue for some reason.

#5 2019-03-23 16:48:14

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Just a heads up. Foofonts do track your visitors. Best answer I found on the net.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#6 2019-03-23 17:47:28

Destry
Website

colak wrote #317252:

Just a heads up. Foofonts do track your visitors. Best answer I found on the net.

I’m not using Google Fonts. Nor is that really the context. Did I miss something, cap? It’s possible. Or are you having some fine Cyprus juice tonight? I need some. ;)

#7 2019-03-23 18:14:06

colak
Admin

Hmmm, there is something in there which does… No juice tonight :)

Yiannis
——————————

#8 2019-03-23 18:53:56

jakob
Admin
Website

Great to see your site finally up! And I love it! It’s personal, quirky/idiosyncratic in its design and writing with little moments of amusement and discovery to be found everywhere. You’ve obviously had great fun chipping away at it. It even has a little twinge of the Textpattern uncle in the sky to it.

FWIW: I get no privacy badger warning and you have nothing sourced from anywhere else according to the inspector.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#9 2019-03-23 19:14:07

colak
Admin

jakob wrote #317261:

I get no privacy badger warning and you have nothing sourced from anywhere else according to the inspector.

Strange… when I got the warning as the screenshot shows, I had no other windows or tabs open. I just revisited the site (again, with a clean session) and the warning is still there. I also revisited other sites I know which serve nothing (obvious), and PB evaluated them correctly.

Destry, I’m trying to help, although my online manner can sometimes misinterpret that. Do you have any other app installed on the domain or other domains/sub-domains you are hosting under the same account?

Yiannis
——————————

#10 2019-03-23 22:04:22

Destry
Website

colak wrote #317262:

Do you have any other app installed on the domain or other domains/sub-domains you are hosting under the same account?

I was completely baffled until you said that. Then it triggered a memory. csf.wion.com. That site is simply a carbon copy of the original that used to be at csf.community. I didn’t change anything that it was, except for some text edits to reflect the defunct nature, because it’s just a relic.

It’s also exempt from my styles, policies, etc, which is stated in those locations.

Kevin Potts was the awesome brand manager for that community, and we discussed whether or not to use Google Fonts, and we did, and the type choices are stated in the brand docs for that site.

So, at this point, I’m not too worried about that particular domain. It’s just a memorial. Does that bother me now? Yes. Do I have the time and desire to redo that site that I’m glad is behind me. Absolutely not.

But thank you, Colak, for bringing that up, because you know me. I don’t want to be in bed with Google. Maybe I can make that typography change quietly, and Potts won’t mind. ;)

I don’t know how Privacy Badger picked that up, though. I guess it reads down from a parent domain? Because there is nothing in wion.com referencing Google anything.

You can remove that screenshot now, please. I’ll make sure it’s false soon enough.

#11 2019-03-23 22:41:00

Destry
Website

jakob wrote #317261:

Great to see your site finally up! And I love it!

Thank you.

It’s personal, quirky/idiosyncratic in its design and writing with little moments of amusement and discovery to be found everywhere. You’ve obviously had great fun chipping away at it.

Thank you for noticing the little stuff. It has taken a lot of time. A lot of mind-changing. A lot of redoing. An you know all the questions I’ve asked over the last two years. ;)

I still need to iron some things out around the properties, but in time.

It even has a little twinge of the Textpattern uncle in the sky to it.

Interesting. That’s probably because I’ve been steeped deep in research on that subject, which will become clear in due time. When you walk in the shoes of others as research, whatever the creative work, you often pick up some things for a while. Some becomes part of your own style, merging with other influences, the rest fades away.

There’s actually a short essay about that concept, style influence, in Telling True Stories. I forget which author. I have the book. I’ll have to dig that up sometime. All writers are influenced by the styles of others, even the masters. It all adds to our own amalgam, our own signature.

In any case, the about pages are somewhat on the fringe. They’re always hard for me to write. The narrative approach makes it a bit easier. I won’t be the subject in much else to come, at least not in Full Point. or at least not so directly.

#12 2019-03-24 00:03:57

Destry
Website

Destry wrote #317266:

But thank you, Colak, for bringing that up, because you know me. I don’t want to be in bed with Google. Maybe I can make that typography change quietly, and Potts won’t mind. ;)

Looks like we get the cake and eat it.

Crimson has a new Crimson Pro version since 2018.
Actually, it was Neuton, but the brand page was out of sync. So now Goog has been booted out and the fonts are in sync.

And Share is also independently available.

So, I’ll just put these local and replace the GooFont calls.

That should take care of it.

Please see if that clears your test, Colak. And thanks!

Last edited by Destry (2019-03-24 03:17:30)

Board footer