Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2012-04-16 22:10:17

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: Outdated code in existing designs

Whilst I am here, cuz I’m not here very often at the moment, I thought I would add a couple more comments.

The idea of adding a link in a theme’s Textgarden article to the theme’s form thread only works if there is a forum thread created for it. I think that for most themes this is not the case. I usually add a thread for my own themes and there are one or two others that do the same but I’m fairly sure that the majority, if not all, of the competition themes don’t have one. Never-the-less I could add links for those that do if it is thought useful.

Another thought I had was the possibility of creating a “sticky” article for updating older themes. This would basically list all of the tags that have changed over the years and educating a new user in the use of the “status” setting in “Preferences” to show the deprecated tag warnings and the additional use of quotes around attribute values. Also how to “hide” such warnings. This article could be added to in the future if there are further changes. Just a thought. Or maybe two.

Last edited by thebombsite (2012-04-16 22:11:06)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

Board footer