Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-01-24 14:05:49

aramide

[SOLVED]: Problems with Gaia, a Textpattern template need urgent help

Please, am in urgent need of answers on the Gaia Template. I am new to textpattern and I am excited finding my way through. I am installing the Gaia Template and have encountered some problems.

1. After going through the installation process, my site shows this error ; Tag error: <txp:sitename /> -> Textpattern Notice: tag is deprecated on line 1177 on the home page

2. Tag error: <txp:sitename /> -> Textpattern Notice: tag is deprecated on line 1177 on the About page(same as the home page)

3. Tag error: <txp:sitename /> -> Textpattern Notice: tag is deprecated on line 1177
Tag error: <txp:article_custom limit=99999 section=“article” form=“archive_article” /> -> Textpattern Warning: Attribute values must be quoted on line 1035 on the archive page

On the archive page; Browse by categories and archive by date are not functional

Lastly, Gaia’s lovely background isn’t appearing on my site.

Please can someone help me, I am behind schedule

Ara

#2 2011-01-24 14:15:58

wornout
Website

Re: [SOLVED]: Problems with Gaia, a Textpattern template need urgent help

<txp:sitename /> becomes <txp:site_name /> so you’ve got to change it every time the template use it. I’ve found one in header form.

The limit value for article custom must be quoted so change in limit="99999". One is in the archive form.

Last edited by wornout (2011-01-25 10:22:42)

#3 2011-01-24 21:17:38

els

“smd_where_used” is a handy plugin for finding all instances of the deprecated tags and attributes. You can search for txp:sitename and limit= to quickly find the tags that need to be changed.

About the background-image: is it possible that you uploaded the image to the wrong folder? Is it where the stylesheet says it should be? If that’s not the problem, do you have link to the site in question?

Last edited by els (2011-01-24 21:21:17)

#4 2011-01-26 12:42:36

aramide

Thank you so very much, Edoardo and Els, I have been able to remove errors. I am most grateful.

But I have been unable to get the background on, I have checked diligently to make sure I did’t upload the image to the wrong folder. However I noticed that I have not placed a form file by the name ‘existant forms’ in the right place(this is because the form file does not exist in the template package) These are the links to the Demo site http://www.textplates.com/browser/22 and the download link Download: http://www.textplates.com/file_download/77 , I would be most grateful if someone could put me through on this.

Last edited by aramide (2011-01-26 12:55:29)

#5 2011-01-26 13:03:48

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Understandable if you can’t do this, but it becomes much easier for us to help you if you can provide a link to the site you’re working on.

Otherwise, show us the HTML source of an affected page, including a tag trace.

Code is topiary

#6 2011-01-26 14:04:55

aramide

Thanks so much for the offer, this is the link to the site I am working on http://www.feminineedge.com/Chatroom. Unfortunately, I don’t know the affected page, so I can’t give the html source. Everything else seems in place except the background image and style. Please if you need more information do let me know.

ara

#7 2011-01-26 14:13:28

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

CSS isn’t loading on that page. Does http://www.feminineedge.com/Chatroom/gaia/css/screen.css correspond to the actual file location?

Code is topiary

#8 2011-01-26 15:03:33

aramide

Thanks Jeff, http://www.feminineedge.com/Chatroom/gaia/gaia/css/screen.css corresponds to the actual file location. Am I to put this somewhere in addition to the specific location. I uploaded the “gaia” directory with it’s contents to the root of my Textpattern installation as the installation manual specified. The manual said the template contains all the styles, images and scripts the template needs.

#9 2011-01-26 16:18:54

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Yes, and it’s confusing that both the directory containing the entire package, and the directory you’re actually supposed to upload, are both named ‘gaia’. However, it’s the inner ‘gaia’ directory that should be uploaded. The rest of the files do not need to be on the server, just copied to the database as you have already done.

So, move css/, images/, and /scripts from the inner gaia directory to the main one, then feel free to delete everything else. I’m assuming you have correctly installed all the pages, forms, and plugins through the Txp admin panel.

Code is topiary

#10 2011-01-26 18:45:37

aramide

Jeff, Thanks a million. You fixed it. It looks like ‘it’ now. :-)
I’ll just go about dotting the i’s.
Thanks again everyone.

Board footer