Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-07-11 07:02:37

jstubbs
Website

TXP Minima

I put together a template for the Textplates competition here: TXP Minima or at the Textplates site

Its a clean, simple template designed for those who want to concentrate on content rather than design. Images look good with this template.

Features:

• Clean XHTML and CSS – both valid
  • Most chunks of code are stored in forms, thus it easy to change or update the site
  • Designed for a blog, but could easily be adapted for a corporate site
  • Many extra classes included in the style sheet for flexibility and control
  • Separate search section
  • Contact form and various plugins included
  • Mainly uses TXP tags to reduce the number of plugins

Hope the template is useful to some people. Let me know if there are any problems getting the template going or making changes.

#2 2007-08-01 11:43:58

vorm

Re: TXP Minima

This template is incomplete. I jsut copied all the files, followed all the instructions and found that the header form is empty, so is header_error. I am very disappointed after doing all this work. I have no idea how to go back to the default textpattern settings again. I have seen this issue a lot amongst people creating templates/plugins, bad support/explanation and a lot of people do not seem to test their own contributions.

#3 2007-08-01 12:01:06

mourner
Website

vorm, please do not rush with judgements and blaming.

There is a topic about the same issue. It can be fixed very easily and has nothing to do with template author’s work.

Last edited by mourner (2007-08-01 12:01:49)

#4 2007-08-01 12:11:49

vorm

I am sorry. Thanks. Well I had been installing several plugins yesterday night and was very frustrated not getting them to work due to a lack of instructions. So i may have been a bit frustrated. I’ll take a look.

#5 2007-08-01 14:54:11

jstubbs
Website

Hi vorm, sorry you had problems, but the issue is not with the template nor the instructions, upon which I spent a lot of time and effort. Also, adding two forms – header and header_error – will not affect your default installation, as you can always remove the outputting of the two forms in the page source.

Let me know how it goes!

#6 2007-11-19 08:43:21

plugmas.com

TXP Minima seem to be a home page. Its replace all my texpattern page, form, styles. ¿what about secondary page?

txp-minima.zip have two carpet “txp-minima” and “_MACOSX” ¿some diference?

#7 2007-11-19 09:30:32

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

TXP Minima seem to be a home page. Its replace all my texpattern page, form, styles. ¿what about secondary page?

txp-minima.zip have two carpet “txp-minima” and “_MACOSX” ¿some diference?

Firstly, I don’t understand a thing, and what is this ¿-letter? Upside down question mark? It’s used at your language spanish or portugese, but not at English.

Secondly, Minima is just a theme, I doesn’t change your content. And, yeah, it would change your style, forms and etc, but you could choose which forms you use. Just put the style to different style-file, and you could use it as your one-section-outfit.

That MACOSX is just something that mac does, don’t worry about that, just leave it to rest.

Cheers!

Last edited by Gocom (2007-11-19 09:32:08)

#8 2007-11-19 18:40:44

jstubbs
Website

plugmas.com wrote:

TXP Minima seem to be a home page. Its replace all my texpattern page, form, styles. ¿what about secondary page? txp-minima.zip have two carpet “txp-minima” and “_MACOSX” ¿some diference?

Sorry, but I don’t understand the question, so I can’t really answer. Its possible that mourner’s post earlier in this thread addresses an issue you may have encountered, but I am just guessing as to your meaning…

#9 2008-12-13 17:01:04

MyOwn31

the _MACOSX is for Mac users. if you’re under Win or Linux, don’t mind it.

Jonathan, your theme is definately well-built. hightly recommended for newbies like me. :) it is quite easy to edit it and to build in something new by your own without a need to parse large bunches of code. neeeeat thingy.

#10 2008-12-13 20:47:31

jstubbs
Website

Glad you like the template! I will be updating it shortly to a newer version, and adding a couple of other templates.

#11 2008-12-14 02:59:45

Violetxoxox

I’ve said this elsewhere, but I would also like to add here that I love Minima as well. It’s a great template that can take you just about anywhere. And Jonathan was very accomodating to me personally when I needed help making some changes in it, so this has been the best template experience I’ve had so far. :)

#12 2008-12-14 15:46:38

MyOwn31

if other templates by you will be done in the same form-distributed manner, it’ll be great!
also, could you add some CSS examples to each template?

Board footer