Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-07-20 04:06:01

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

hcg_templates

Decided to simplify my life a bit and shut down some domains.

The hcg_templates plugin has been moved to a wiki page.

I went back and updated all of my posts in this forum that mentioned the plugin, to point to it’s new location.

Edit: Version 0.4 for Textpattern 4.3.0 is available.

Last edited by hcgtv (2010-11-15 15:40:39)

#2 2008-08-27 21:42:56

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Re: hcg_templates

Bert, I’m trying to import a template that I exported from my dev site to my production site. It imports the css but not the pages or forms. There are no errors.
This is the output

Exporting CSS Rules
Successfully exported CSS Rules 'default' to '.../preimport-data/style/default.css' 
Importing Page Files
Importing Form Files
Importing CSS Rules
Successfully imported file 'ie7andlater.css'
Successfully imported file 'default.css'
Successfully imported file 'ie6andearlier.css'

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#3 2008-08-28 13:05:50

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Matt,

Make sure that your dev site is exporting the pages and forms similar to this layout, or else it’s not going to find any pages or forms to import.

#4 2008-08-28 14:19:31

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

I don’t really need it anymore but it looks like the template name is missing.
example – about_me.misc.html

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#5 2008-09-07 14:34:21

baby
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Bert,

it seems the current version I downloaded from your site uses the name “templates” (no underscore prefix) rather than “_ templates” as your instructions say.

I think you should either update the plugin or the instructions :-)

Regards.

Mariano AbsatzEl Baby

I don’t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

#6 2008-09-07 15:12:06

baby
Plugin Author
Website

Looking a bit more… it seems the release in your site is somehow wrong… it uses a different extension for forms and pages (.html) that what most templates that use it expect.. including crystal-x in your own site.

In the flexy template I downloaded there is a version (also called 0.3) that works OK (it’s in the texty/plugins directory within the zip file).

Talking about crystal-x, it uses txp:sitename rather than txp:site_name in a couple of places. I had to edit it to use it right.

Mariano AbsatzEl Baby

#7 2008-09-07 23:06:09

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Mariano,

Thanks for pointing out that I had the wrong plugin available for download.

All fixed now :)

#8 2008-10-09 19:04:07

aubergine2001
Website

Hello all,

I am new to the forums, but have been using TXP since 4.04. Since I am more of a designer (html/CSS) and not a programmer (PHP) I would like to use TXP more for some clients. I have just installed TXP under XXAMP on a Windows machine. Trying to set up this plug-in and I get this warning.

Template Directory Missing

The template directory `C:\xampp\htdocs\textpattern/_templates//pages` does not exist, and could not be automatically created. Would you mind creating it yourself by running something like

mkdir C:\xampp\htdocs\textpattern/_templates//pages chmod 777 C:\xampp\htdocs\textpattern/_templates//pages

That should fix the issue. You could also adjust the plugin’s directory by modifying $hcg_templates[‘base_dir’] in the plugin’s code.

I am assuming the forward(back)? slash between textpattern and the _templates folder is the problem. I created the _templates folder. Anyone used this on a windows machine?

Thanks
Randy

#9 2008-10-09 23:41:25

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

aubergine2001 wrote:

I created the _templates folder. Anyone used this on a windows machine?

Just create the _templates folder in the root of your Textpattern install, alongside files, images & textpattern.

I use this plugin on my laptop using XAMPP, works just fine. I have a TxP 4.0.6 default install and an SVN install running on XAMPP 1.6.7 and the plugin works fine on both.

#10 2008-10-23 20:48:41

baby
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Bert,

I teach at a programming career where I introduce the concepts of free software and open source software… for the final examination, the students have to make a textpattern plugin (I chose textpattern for its clean, easy interface and nice overall community).

I started using your plugin in my first real textpattern site (Clueless…, in Spanish) since I am completely design-handicapped and I found that I hate copying and pasting forms :-)

I though maybe I’d put a couple of students to wrap-up the “ToDo’s” you have pending (upload/download of .zip files from within the interface being one of the most interesting ones).

I’d like to keep complete backward compatibility with the current version…

In fact, if I had the time and the will to pursue… I’d propose adding the templating scheme to textpattern, but that requires more commitment than I can afford right now.

Tell me if you’d mind we taking your plugin and advancing it… I have a publicly accessible svn repository where I can give you r/w access so that you keep in touch with it.

Regards

Mariano AbsatzEl Baby

#11 2008-10-24 12:48:13

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

oooh, enhancements to hcg_templates! that’d be great!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#12 2008-10-24 13:18:33

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

baby wrote:

Tell me if you’d mind we taking your plugin and advancing it… I have a publicly accessible svn repository where I can give you r/w access so that you keep in touch with it.

That sounds like great news. I think the community would welcome enhancements.

Besides the todo list I have compiled, there might be other welcome changes that your students may come across, so by all means have fun.

Board footer