Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#241 2007-04-26 12:58:48

lee

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

Steve, any updates on the way, I’m about to start a new site?

Best wishes to you and your family,
Lee

#242 2007-04-27 15:34:49

frangarcia
Website

Yesterday I discovered this great plugin, but now I have just one problem. How can I switch between the languages of my textpattern installation? I’ve put in a page this: <txp:l10n_lang_list/>, and I obtain the languages of my installation, but the problem is that the links are on folder which don’t exist, like /txp/en/txp, when I have only a folder /txp/…

I’m using a local installation of XAMPP on windows and I’m thinking about that the problem is that I must create another folder or the wizard must create himself this another folder, but I don’t find any solution. Can anybody help me with this problem?

Maybe there is a way to pass the language as a parameter, maybe http://localhost/txp/index.php?lang=en-gb or something like this. Please help me! I’m getting crazy!

Last edited by frangarcia (2007-04-27 16:22:04)

What doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger

#243 2007-04-28 08:54:42

codesweeper
Website

marios wrote:

codesweeper wrote:

When I remove the tag from the default template, it works normally.

That’s the right thing to do. The tag isn’t necessary anymore.
It was used as a pagewrapper-tag in earlier versions

regards. marios

Thanks a lot

#244 2007-04-28 08:58:16

codesweeper
Website

If you are using the asy_sitemap plugin and want to use it MLP pack enabled, please read the post

#245 2007-04-28 16:34:06

sanmarco
Website

i have the same problem as frangarcia:

“…<txp:l10n_lang_list/>, and I obtain the languages of my installation, but the problem is that the links are on folder which don’t exist, like /txp/en/txp, when I have only a folder /txp/… “

is there any solution?

#246 2007-04-30 08:34:29

marios
Archived Plugin Author

sanmarco wrote:

“…<txp:l10n_lang_list/>, and I obtain the languages of my installation, but the problem is that the links are on folder which don’t exist, like /txp/en/txp, when I have only a folder /txp/… “

You don’t seem to understand how TXP works. The URL mapping is done internally and relies on basic mod_rewrite rules.

There is no Folder named en , and there must not be one, since txp isn’t serving static pages from Folders.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#247 2007-04-30 13:14:22

frangarcia
Website

Yes marios, I was hopping something like this, but the file .htaccess is unmodified and my local server (as I said under windows) didn’t change. Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong? Or maybe can anybody send me an example file of .htaccess?

Last edited by frangarcia (2007-04-30 13:15:01)

#248 2007-04-30 14:03:38

ivorius
Website

Yes Bender, we have same problem. With new revision txp is pdf and txt correct, but word or open office format is with mlp pack still problem.

#249 2007-04-30 14:10:54

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Yes, a default htaccess file ( That comes with a download from the TXP frontpage ) works fine. I have been using it both served from windows and mac os UNIX. (For an Apache 2.2 version)

Here are the contents:

#DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
#Options +FollowSymLinks
#RewriteBase /relative/web/path/
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
 RewriteEngine On
 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
 RewriteRule ^(.+) - [PT,L]
 RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php
</IfModule>
#php_value register_globals 0

If I’m not entirely wrong right now, on windows, if that doesn’t work,may be you need to change it, so it looks like that, depending on httpd.conf file contents:

#DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
#Options +FollowSymLinks
#RewriteBase /relative/web/path/
 RewriteEngine On
 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
 RewriteRule ^(.+) - [PT,L]
 RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php
#php_value register_globals 0

NOTE: the .htaccess file must go in the root directory of your local Site project. So, If I test mymlpexample.dev, which is in a Site root folder of dev_mymlpexample, then this file must go there, if you don’t have it yet.

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2007-04-30 14:15:25)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#250 2007-04-30 14:17:51

frangarcia
Website

Thanks a lot marios, but I think that the problem was another one. I didn’t have the mod_rewrite module of apache, so it couldn’t work fine. But now it works fine and it’s great!

#251 2007-04-30 14:26:27

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Yes, of course. All that applies only if mod_rewrite is enabled in the httpd.conf configuration file.
I forget to mention it, because the preconpiled Apache packages that I am using , now have this enabled by default, so there is almost nothing to configure for a standard setup, except the virtual host containers.

Tip: You can test against, if mod_rewrite is enabled, right from within the admin panel, if you are not sure:

1. Go to admin> diagnostics
  2. change the radio select dropdown below the Diagnostics info to high detail mode.
  3. when you scroll down, you will find a list, with all the Apache modules installed.
  4. When you don’t see mod_rewrite listed there, that means, that the mod_rewrite module is not enabled ,and you have to unhash the corresponding line in httpd.conf

Also: In all cases, you will see a clean_url_data failed message. You can just ignore this message.
Please, check also, that you are not mistakenly using messy URL mode under admin>prefs.

Sometimes, also you want to clear your browser cache, in your initial setup/testing stages, if you experience unexpected Error pages.

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2007-04-30 14:50:29)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#252 2007-05-07 10:13:05

MrLongbaugh

The downloadlink is not working properly.
http://txp-plugins.netcarving.com/file_download/50
No download starts.
Anybody else experiencing the same problem?

Last edited by MrLongbaugh (2007-05-07 11:24:43)

Board footer