Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2005-03-09 17:52:39

micampe
Archived Plugin Author
Website

[issue] Blogger import HOWTO

Hello, my first post here :)

First post and I didn’t know where to put it…

Well, I’m moving from Blogger to TXP, so I had to import my old articles and found that the import feature wasn’t working very well. I have fixed it and will post the details on my new blog when it goes live, but I’ll provide some info here too, in the hope that it can go in the 1.0 release.

1. Download my modified code (<del>hey, what kind of markup does this forum supports?</del> Textile dude, of course)
2. Put it in your textpattern/include/import folder, replacing the existing one
3. Backup your original Blogger template somewhere
4. Replace it with this template you can change the text after the first AUTHOR: line to match your TXP user name
5. Go to Blogger’ settings “Publishing” tab, change your SFTP/FTP publish path to something like “import/” (w/o the quotes), your Blog Filename to “import.txt” and save the settings
7. Go to the “Formatting” tab, set it to Show 999 posts (let’s hope you don’t write more than that), change all the date formats to MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS am/pm (it’s the first one in the drop-down), set convert line breaks to no and save the settings
8. Change the date format in the “Comments” tab and don’t show the comments in a popup window
9. Go to the “Archiving” tab and set the frequency to “No Archive
10. Phew, republish your whole blog
11. Find the import.txt in the import folder and copy it in textpattern/include/import
12. Go to TXP admin interface and import from Blogger.
13. There’s no step 13!

That’s all folks, hope it is useful.

With this I have successfully imported my whole 100something posts with a few comments.

Last edited by micampe (2005-03-09 18:02:04)

#2 2005-03-10 16:55:55

kusor
Website

Re: [issue] Blogger import HOWTO

Take note of this. Hope to be included – after testing, of course ;-)

#3 2005-03-15 18:51:33

micampe
Archived Plugin Author
Website

And as I anticipated, here is my entry, in my shiny new TXP powered weblog enjoy it while it’s hot.

Last edited by micampe (2005-03-15 18:51:45)

#4 2005-11-25 14:55:15

squaredeye
Website

I tried this and received the following errors.
<code>

Notice: Undefined variable: blogid in /home/.emperior/ma_smith/famdamilynews.artiswork.org/textpattern/include/import/import_blogger.php on line 77

Notice: Undefined index: TITLE in /home/.emperior/ma_smith/famdamilynews.artiswork.org/textpattern/include/import/import_blogger.php on line 95

Notice: Undefined index: BODY in /home/.emperior/ma_smith/famdamilynews.artiswork.org/textpattern/include/import/import_blogger.php on line 98

Notice: Undefined index: DATE in /home/.emperior/ma_smith/famdamilynews.artiswork.org/textpattern/include/import/import_blogger.php on line 101

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: Called with an empty time parameter. in /home/.emperior/ma_smith/famdamilynews.artiswork.org/textpattern/include/import/import_blogger.php on line 101

Notice: Undefined index: AUTHOR in /home/.emperior/ma_smith/famdamilynews.artiswork.org/textpattern/include/import/import_blogger.php on line 110
</code>

Can you help me figure out what is going on?

Last edited by ma_smith (2005-11-25 14:55:30)

#5 2005-11-26 03:27:53

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I think this probably needs updating again. I know WP has a good one at the moment so maybe comparing that with what we have might produce a working importer but I ain’t no coder I’m afraid.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#6 2005-11-26 03:37:34

zem
Developer Emeritus

Alex

Board footer