Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2005-11-13 02:50:22

zem
Developer Emeritus

Assignment: import data

We could use some sample export data files for each of the import types supported by Textpattern.

For direct database imports, we’ll need a mysqldump of the relevant tables. For the others, a copy of the export file. Where the schema changes over time (particularly WP), we could use dumps from different versions (just the major releases where there’s an important change).

Ideally, it’d be helpful if the export data is small but well chosen: a dozen or so articles, some with comments and some without, with and without excerpts or extended articles, different markup types, a handful of different categories, authors, etc.

We’ll use these as baselines to help keep up with new versions of Textpattern and of the import formats.

Alex

#2 2010-03-19 10:37:17

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Assignment: import data

In light of recent failings in the blogger importer (if the end of field marker is missing, a Notice: Undefined index: BODY warning appears and no body/comment content is imported) I’m highlighting this old thread.

I’ve patched the blogger importer to fix the warning — pending testing by some willing volunteers — but could really do with some more sample content, preferably with comments and other stuff in it so I can verify it’s still working correctly across different exported content. The above issue may in fact affect the MT importer too, since it uses a similar engine, but I’d like to check first with some real data.

If anybody has some well-chosen exported data that exercises a variety of different features of the export/import processes, please get in touch and/or post here. Any WP, MT, Blogger or B2 (??) exported content gratefully accepted for testing. If your content doesn’t import as expected, please highlight the difference between what you expect and what you get (or don’t get!) and if you have any patches or ideas, again, post and we’ll see what can be done. A few examples of things that may need attention when we get some data to test against.

As zem says, please also mention the version of the product you are exporting from so we can keep track of changes to the various export routines and alter the importers accordingly if we can.

Thanks.

Last edited by Bloke (2010-03-19 10:39:48)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer