Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2005-09-13 22:15:43

alexandra

Re: A Terrible Sadness

Tonight Anne-Mette, mum of Sivert, send an email saying:

I’m overwhelmed by the words from your community. Could you please send this regard from me:

Your words certainly are warming evidences of care and thoughtfulness. The loss of Sivert is full of pain, but it’s true, knowing that his “spirit” is rembembered and carried (davidm) by you, helps.
Siverts brother will read your words when he returns from abroad tomorrow night. I’m glad he has this thread in prospect.

Kind regards to you from Anne-Mette

Last edited by alexandra (2005-09-13 22:18:16)

#38 2005-09-14 11:40:26

Zenith
Website

I didn’t know Sivert, but I know of his work.

My deepest condolences to his friends and family.

#39 2005-09-14 15:50:13

Remillard
Plugin Author

This is terribly sad news, and my thoughts and well-wishes are with Sivert’s family. He will be deeply missed by the community.

#40 2005-09-14 22:09:55

arkham
Website

R.I.P.

I feel like crying even having only known the man through his blog and forum posts. My heart goes out to the family and especially to Sivert himself.

#41 2005-09-15 08:41:49

Maleika E.A.
Website

I did not know him, unfortunately. My condolesenses go out to his family and I hope he is at peace with himself now. :(

#42 2005-09-15 15:32:33

EddieG5

Sivert helped me on several occasions. He touched many people with his wit and talent … he is missed greatly.

#43 2005-09-15 19:57:44

sigurdni
Website

Dear all,

As I am brother of Sivert I want you to know that I’ve emailed Dean and Alexandra about what is going to happen with his work and person in the texpattern community in which I feel still lives on in some way. I am very grateful for all suggestions on this matter and that there seem to be some consensus that the passing of Sivert may be marked in some way or another. I also want to express just what I’ve written to Dean and Alex that I let it be up to you in what way this is best done, whether it is a contribution, in memory of, or in spirit of… I’m working now to retrieve sivni.com and it should be up and running in not too long time. It is a very good idea if his personal and more professional contributions on this site could be found under a more up and running url such as a textpattern site. That way it may live on in a more dynamic way. Well, as I said, I leave the technical details to you. I will follow the developments with great interest.

Sivert was not the guy who talked loud over his work. I’m incredibly happy to find that he had many channels where his work and person were obviously deeply appreciated. Being his little brother, I’ve always felt I’ve had much to learn from him (although we are very different). However, I feel the aspect of wanting to learn from him even stronger these days. Wherever he is now, I hope he can continue to learn us all something, if not about computers, if not about motorcycles (see sivni.com), then at least something about what it means to live.

Thank you so far Sivert…

Although I find this forum very suitable, do not hesitate to write to me if any of you feels to share some private words.

Yours truly,
Sigurd

Für deine suche wünsch ich dir viel Gluck

#44 2005-09-16 01:40:58

jasidog
Website

I didn’t actually know Sivert in person but I read many of his words (I love motorcycles too.) and respected his work for Textpattern. I wish things were different.

Best wishes and condolences to you Sigurd and to your mother.

#45 2005-09-17 07:49:51

osei
Plugin Author
Website

I didnt now him in person, but like many others here in this community i have read his posts and followed his work, very sad to here this, RIP sivni.

Johan Nilsson

#46 2005-09-19 08:49:38

dubh
Website

I’ve used one of Sivert’s early themes on my ‘blog since I switched to TextPattern in December last year. I regret now not taking the time to do then what simple courtesy demanded: a thank you.

So, thank you Sivert. Late, but no less felt.

Alan Macdougall — http://halfpie.net/

#47 2005-09-21 14:47:47

raveoli
Website

He took The Great Trip, to the land so far away, and yet so close.

Sad loss for the family and persons close to him.

It is sad, for the people close to him, that he made such a tragic decision, while suffering from mental illness.

But sometimes people are diagnosed with depression, yet they are simply just tired of living. I didn’t knew him, so I can’t say what was the case. But he returned to where he was before he was born, and he just might have missed that place terribly, subconsciously – In his heart …

My compassion for the family, and everyone else who feels an emptiness after his chosen departure.

Sorrow is natural (& needed).

They tell us that suicide is the greatest piece of cowardice… that suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Last edited by raveoli (2005-09-21 14:51:58)

#48 2005-09-21 23:40:05

sigurdni
Website

I have a strong feeling that you are right raveoli. He hasn’t gone very far. Taking the desicion to leave for good can be a short step for some, others a big one. Although he didn’t tell me, I sensed there were many sides of him who would never settle with simply earthly materiality. There were of course many things he enjoyed in life, but none of them seemed so important that he couldn’t live without them. In the end I believe the panic attacks were the most difficult thing for him to handle, which could have given him enough confirmation to conclude that this world is not the place for him. I have always observed his development into worse conditions as a development of his personality and not simply a development of some mental illness, but there came one point where he seemed to have very little control of his mental health. As any other human, he wanted to be happy, very much, and I really have many good memories, especially from our common sense of humour. Sivert was in himself an extremely good comedian. I’m sure he could have developed that into something, but as with so many things, it didn’t seem that important to him to make something big out of it. He was very pragmatic, living right here and now, and I envy him for that, so much. And when thinking about his desicion to a leave, I’m tempted to think that he didn’t make much out of that either, that it wasn’t a big step at the time he did it. But I will never know what words he would say cover it, and I will let him have that secret. But no, I don’t feel he’s very far away, although my heart aches to see him again, just once more. So is it. “So ist das Leben”.

Für deine suche wünsch ich dir viel Gluck

Board footer