Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2005-07-03 18:38:23

alicson
Website

Re: textgarden.org

i am so very behind in my forum news. this is very cool. :) way to go David, for starting this whole thing… and very cool, Dean and Sivni.

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#14 2005-07-06 12:53:11

davidm

Yeah well thanks Alicson, I am a little behind this past two weeks too !

We have to make headway on the How we’ll do things… Any update on this ?

.: Retired :.

#15 2005-07-06 16:52:25

sivni
Gone, but not forgotten

http://www.textgarden.org is coming together. Slowly, but surely. I think the current design is nailable. Its quite green and has that Textpattern family default look. One could argue that a layout site should look spectacular, but I think I will prefer to spend my time on usability and function.

I’d love to host layout contests on this site, as it will fit in nicely with the sites mission.

Feel free to drop in and check out the evolving process.

> There’s a small typo in www.textgarden.org
thanks, creativesplash. It was one of those obvious mistakes that one just assumes is correct. :)

#16 2005-07-06 17:34:57

schussat
Plugin Author
Website

The site looks great, sivni. I think you’re right on with the “Textpattern family default look” — it’s really a nice design, and I like the colors a lot. I’m looking forward to see the garden grow.

-Alan

#17 2005-07-12 10:34:19

Jeremie
Website

Some comments on TextGarden, very quick, just in case :)

A link to the layout TXP forum might be nice

The screenshots are kinda small… maybe each thumbnail could be a link to a bigger version of it ?

A licence metadata would be nice for themes (templates using TXP tags language are automaticaly GPL I think)

A separation (or a way of browsing) betwen themes (pure CSS) and templates (pages&forms&CSS, etc.) would be nice too.

Some metadata about the design itself: DTD, does it pass validation, is it semantic, is it cross-plateform or not, is it accessible or not, is it fluid or width-fixed; those kind of things. Later on, browsing with these criterias would be nice to find the one pearl in a hundred-items bag :)

#18 2005-07-12 13:55:23

sivni
Gone, but not forgotten

Jeremie wrote:
A link to the layout TXP forum might be nice

Okay, I put a link up together with the forum link

The screenshots are kinda small… maybe each thumbnail could be a link to a bigger version of it ?

Yes, they are small, mostly because its easier to list many of them in a small space. But I’ve been thinking about it. What I ended up with was that layout authors can put bigger images within the layout article if they so want. And thumbnails, or full screenshots, never give you the whole idea anyway. A live demo is a must (not a full txp install, an index.html with some css will do).

A licence metadata would be nice for themes (templates using TXP tags language are automaticaly GPL I think) A separation (or a way of browsing) betwen themes (pure CSS) and templates (pages&forms&CSS, etc.) would be nice too. Some metadata about the design itself: DTD, does it pass validation, is it semantic, is it cross-plateform or not, is it accessible or not, is it fluid or width-fixed; those kind of things. Later on, browsing with these criterias would be nice to find the one pearl in a hundred-items bag :)

That is some good ideas. Most of them could be solved using a heavy-duty search form, which will be needed once the layout count goes through the roof. Actually, I think I’ll need some help with that…

#19 2005-07-12 14:35:26

Jeremie
Website

Agreed on the search, but don’t you need to put the fields for the “metadatas” from the beginning, so authors don’t have to re-write their article when it’s implemented ?

#20 2005-07-12 15:14:08

sivni
Gone, but not forgotten

Actually, yes. Hm. I need to sit down with this.

Board footer