Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2005-02-16 23:20:23

Niloc

Re: XML-RPC for Textpattern - version 1.0 released

ruminator, as for Ecto, I had the same problem as you. Above it was answered, try using the MovableType API and that is what fixed it for me.

Hope that helps.

#38 2005-02-16 23:32:52

ruminator
Website

Yeah, I had to use the MT API and I found out that there is an “article” section under the weblog name. Then things work correctly!

Wow, that was more convoluted that I expected, but pretty straightforward! Again, thanks for the help.

Search is your friend… Think before writing…

#39 2005-02-16 23:37:15

Niloc

Not a problem. Glad you got it working. Enjoy.

#40 2005-02-16 23:45:03

ruminator
Website

There still seems to be a problem with the category setting. It isn’t passed to Textpattern from ecto correctly, it seems.

Niloc:

>Also tried Ecto tonight, but I couldn’t find a place to enter the section name, and without
>that it didn’t work for me. Am I overlooking something in Ecto?

Try setting “Blog ID” to article in the account configuration dialogue.

Search is your friend… Think before writing…

#41 2005-02-18 19:19:13

kimili
Plugin Author
Website

Hi –

This is a great idea, but I’m having trouble even getting it to run. I installed the xmlrpcs.php file in my textpattern root and the xmlrpc.php file in the lib folder, but I am not able to connect. Both Ecto and Mars Edit throw an error when trying to receive the list of articles.

When I first installed this, I was able to connect, but that didn’t last long for some reason.

Now, when I try putting the access point url directly into a browser, I get an xml parse error, like this:

<pre>
Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document. Error processing resource. Line 1, Position 285

<?xml version=“1.0” ?><methodResponse><fault><value><struct><member><name>faultCode</name><value><int>2</int></value></member><member><name>faultString</name><value><string>The method you requested, , was not found.</string></value></member></struct></value></fault></methodResponse><br />
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————^
</pre>

Does anybody have an idea where this is going wrong?

Thanks,
Michael

#42 2005-02-18 22:51:40

Niloc

Just testing, the second page won’t load for me…

#43 2005-02-25 19:10:29

Joey

Look great! How do I use this to post an article via email with my mobile phone? Where can i find a tutorial or something? Thnx.

Regards,

Joey

#44 2005-02-26 16:32:54

chrismc
Plugin Author
Website

Joey – you can’t. You would need an additional script that would check an email accoout for new posts. This only works with desktop XML-RPC clients.

#45 2005-02-26 22:16:41

yatil.de
Archived Plugin Author
Website

> JoeyNL wrote:

> Look great! How do I use this to post an article via email with my mobile phone? Where can i find a tutorial or something? Thnx.

There is a great tutorial by Jeff Bostick: A Quick & Dirty Guide to Moblog with Textpattern.

Eric Eggert
Textpattern-Sites: yatil! | Snookerblog | Schachfreunde Ruhbank

#46 2005-03-04 20:25:38

xenlab

wow! thanks for this plug-in. i was dying to figure out how to plug flickr into textpattern. I just got a new 5 megapixel cannon and now picasa and flickr are my new best friends… now i can bring my old friend txp to the party and get it on!

i’ll also have to check out some of these other tools, i’m always looking for ways to make my technology access more and more transparent, and being able to blog from other than the txp admin is going to come in handy… and like other people said too, for clients espeically.

thanks,
xenlab

http://www.xnlb.com/

#47 2005-03-09 07:44:02

jbitely

Anyone have this working with RC3? If so, where do you sprinkle the magic dust?

#48 2005-03-15 10:23:27

graumeister
Plugin Author
Website

@jbitely: in xmlrpcs.php you have to comment out the function stripSpace like follows:

/*function stripSpace($text)
{ //global $txpac; //$text = preg_replace(“/(^| &\S+;)|(<[^>]*>)/U”,”“,$text); return strtolower(preg_replace(“/[^[:alnum:]\-]/”,”“,str_replace(” “,”-”,$text)));
}*/

I didnt test, if there is now a bug with whitespaces, but posting and getting categories works, which was what i needed.

the function is now defined somewhere in the inner side of txp ;)

Samui? Samui! (about the life as farang in thailand)
David’s Neighbour

Board footer