Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2020-08-03 02:49:31

bici
Website Mastodon

Re: Proximo Clean Theme

hilaryaq wrote #325009:

Get in touch with any feedback! :)

there is a photo gallery link that goes nowhere? how does one use it?

…. texted postive

#14 2021-05-26 14:54:52

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

bici wrote #325075:

there is a photo gallery link that goes nowhere? how does one use it?

Hi Bici! Apologies I didn’t get an alert on this thread, you just create a category called ‘gallery’ for your images and they will automatically output in that block, hope that helps!

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#15 2021-05-26 15:01:07

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

zero wrote #325055:

Like others, it threw me at first, but when I assigned the articles section to use default page, articles all showed up. Another question: how is the Contact button supposed to work?

It’s a lovely clean theme, Hilary, with plenty of white space, and it’s a theme whereas my wave theme is more like a ready-made website and my slave theme requires quite a bit of preparation on the admin side before importing it. Great stuff!

Thanks for that lovely feedback! The contact link is only styled but doesn’t link to anything, so you just go into any form with ‘hero’, one is short and the other is the home page one, and there you can edit that to link to anything you like!

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#16 2021-05-27 20:29:15

bici
Website Mastodon

hilaryaq wrote #325037:

That’s great to see Michael, glad it all installed well. True I don’t use archive pages so I must consider putting that into a future release for people that do alright! Glad you got a workaround for now. :)

Hillary. I don’t mean to be ungrateful, but why not put out a completely working theme. It would help one to start modifying to ones’ liking. And more importantly newbies would be off and running with much less frustration. Just release a fully complete theme. You could use plain colour squares/rectangles instead of real images.

…. texted postive

#17 2021-05-27 21:31:54

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

bici wrote #330281:

Hillary. I don’t mean to be ungrateful, but why not put out a completely working theme. It would help one to start modifying to ones’ liking. And more importantly newbies would be off and running with much less frustration. Just release a fully complete theme. You could use plain colour squares/rectangles instead of real images.

This is a complete theme, I don’t use archive pages, this theme is suitable for a brochure website that doesn’t use archive pages. On the plain colour squares, there’s no need for that, as if the article does not have an image, I have designed the theme to still work and not break anything, so the text will be fine.

Sorry you’re unhappy with it, but at the moment I won’t have time to re-visit for a while and I’m also unsure as to how much more complete I can make it? My opinion is that coloured squares would be annoying for people who just want text, and I went to effort to make sure it works perfectly without images anyway..

If you can outline fully what you would like to see in the theme please feel free, I’ll certainly keep suggestions in mind if I develop it further in the future, but bear in mind the theme is for a simple brochure style website, and it already displays correctly without images so my feeling on that is that it’s overkill..

Last edited by hilaryaq (2021-05-27 21:34:08)

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#18 2021-05-27 21:33:05

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

bici wrote #330281:

Also, if anyone wants to start a branch off on Github please also feel free! I won’t have time to re-visit it for a while sadly!

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

Board footer