Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-07-30 12:51:32

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

Proximo Clean Theme

Hi all!

Thought I would post this here, it’s a clean html5/css3 flex based responsive theme for Textpattern. Handy for blogging as the articles are output on the home page with read more links to click through. It’s a good starting point that you can easily customise. I have kept the css file out of the database, so you need to edit proximo.css in styles and then reference that file or minify to proximo.min.css.

Link on github for download use away and I hope you find it useful!

https://github.com/hilaryquinn/ProximoClean

Last edited by hilaryaq (2020-07-30 12:52:00)

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#2 2020-07-30 13:07:59

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Proximo Clean Theme

Thanks Hilary, very nice theme! My only grip is that article lists with excerpt/image-less articles look a bit ‘empty’, but then what can you do?

#3 2020-07-30 13:26:41

zero
Website

Looks great, Hilary! I’ll try it out properly soon.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#4 2020-07-30 13:29:44

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

etc wrote #325005:

Thanks Hilary, very nice theme! My only grip is that article lists with excerpt/image-less articles look a bit ‘empty’, but then what can you do?

That’s true, I did make sure if there wasn’t an image it at least wouldn’t break the look or anything, but ideally each article does need an image to look right, especially with the alternating left/right display.

And thanks glad you like it overall!

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#5 2020-07-30 13:30:16

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

zero wrote #325007:

Looks great, Hilary! I’ll try it out properly soon.

Get in touch with any feedback! :)

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#6 2020-07-30 16:09:46

bici
Website Mastodon

Thanks Hilary. I have just download the zip file and will test it out after I return from from camping … right now busy preparing for getaway.

2 questions:

1) Is this a theme that gets installed into the Themes Folder or is it a stand alone Template to replace the default install? I will say that i am not a fan of using the Theme folder options. I have found that problematic. I prefer to use a template and replace the default install. just my own quirky way.

2) I see many instances of the use of “Hero” image. Why is it a Hero image?

Again thanks and looking forward to giving it a go.

One comment. Should Wave and Proximo be better showcased in our Showcase Website ??

…. texted postive

#7 2020-07-30 16:14:26

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

bici wrote #325013:

Is this a theme that gets installed into the Themes Folder or is it a stand alone Template to replace the default install?

Take your pick. If you download the zip file you can unpack it in your /themes directory wholesale, then import it into your Txp installation as a parallel theme from the Presentation>Themes panel. That way you can play with it in safety as a development theme using your existing content.

Otherwise you can manually copy and paste the individual assets from the /pages, /forms/ and /styles directories in ProximoClean and replace the content of your existing site pages. That’s destructive, of course, whereas using parallel themes and the dev/live workflow isn’t.

EDIT: There’s a third way if you’re starting a new site:

1. Extract the contents of the ProximoClean zip into the /themes dir of your yet-to-be-installed Txp.
  2. Run setup as normal.
  3. In the final step, you’ll see a dropdown of all available themes. The default theme will be preselected (‘Four Point Eight’ at the time of writing) but you can change that and pick ProximoClean instead.
  4. Finish installation and that theme will be installed as your default theme for the site.

Last edited by Bloke (2020-07-30 16:19:09)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#8 2020-07-30 16:41:25

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

I actually installed it earlier on a site I haven’t touched in a few years and want to get going again: singleboxing.com

Everything installed fine – except that that there is no archive page included. At first, I just set the articles section to default but then I had a moment of inspiration and duplicated the default page and renamed it to archive.

I want to dig into the code more but it will be a few hours.

#9 2020-07-30 21:33:52

bici
Website Mastodon

Bloke wrote #325014:

Take your pick

EDIT: There’s a third way if you’re starting a new site:

1. Extract the contents of the ProximoClean zip into the /themes dir of your yet-to-be-installed Txp.
  2. Run setup as normal.
  3. In the final step, you’ll see a dropdown of all available themes. The default theme will be preselected (‘Four Point Eight’ at the time of writing) but you can change that and pick ProximoClean instead.
  4. Finish installation and that theme will be installed as your default theme for the site.

sweet

…. texted postive

#10 2020-07-31 10:44:24

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

michaelkpate wrote #325015:

I actually installed it earlier on a site I haven’t touched in a few years and want to get going again: singleboxing.com

Everything installed fine – except that that there is no archive page included. At first, I just set the articles section to default but then I had a moment of inspiration and duplicated the default page and renamed it to archive.

I want to dig into the code more but it will be a few hours.

That’s great to see Michael, glad it all installed well. True I don’t use archive pages so I must consider putting that into a future release for people that do alright! Glad you got a workaround for now. :)

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#11 2020-07-31 10:54:29

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

bici wrote #325013:

Thanks Hilary. I have just download the zip file and will test it out after I return from from camping … right now busy preparing for getaway.

2 questions:

1) Is this a theme that gets installed into the Themes Folder or is it a stand alone Template to replace the default install? I will say that i am not a fan of using the Theme folder options. I have found that problematic. I prefer to use a template and replace the default install. just my own quirky way.

2) I see many instances of the use of “Hero” image. Why is it a Hero image?

Again thanks and looking forward to giving it a go.

One comment. Should Wave and Proximo be better showcased in our Showcase Website ??

I think Stef got your first question thanks Stef!

The hero image is just that large area at the top of the page, on the home page it takes the full height and then lesser height on all other pages, the first image you upload to Texpattern if it’s a fresh install will display there, or if you click into the forms tab in Txp backend, you’ll see under ‘section’ hero_article and hero_article_short, where on the first line you can see the image id and you can edit it with your own image id there.

What’s handy with this is that it’s a real img output on the page rather than a background image in css, so Google/Search engines can index that image as part of the overall page content.

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#12 2020-08-01 09:58:18

zero
Website

Like others, it threw me at first, but when I assigned the articles section to use default page, articles all showed up. Another question: how is the Contact button supposed to work?

It’s a lovely clean theme, Hilary, with plenty of white space, and it’s a theme whereas my wave theme is more like a ready-made website and my slave theme requires quite a bit of preparation on the admin side before importing it. Great stuff!

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

Board footer