Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2021-04-30 09:02:25

SteveG

Re: smd_redirect: Is there a limit number of redirects I can create?

Bloke wrote #330008:

In your template that handles regular article flow, just detect if the Destination custom field is set, exactly as etc states above when viewing a <txp:if_individual_article>. If it is, use <txp:header> to redirect to the destination URL. If not, carry on and show the article as normal.

Yep, I definitly will try that!

#14 2021-04-30 09:16:44

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

SteveG wrote #330009:

the good part of using the plugin is that I can manage all the redirects in one page without click into each article if something needs to be changed.

Ah, then you’ll get a kick out of the adi_matrix plugin. It’s amazing. You make up a custom ‘matrix’ that filters articles by whatever criteria you want, and can show any fields you want from all matching articles on one page. Basically, a list of articles with any fields you want to edit, so you can see them all at once and hit Save to update the lot. Just include the url custom field in your matrix and all of the URLs will be shown at once.

You can set up as many matrices as you like, each one given its own menu item in the Content panel so you could have one for game reviews, one for Reddit posts, whatever. Pretty much however you want to slice and dice your content, adi_matrix lets you do it. It’s awesome.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#15 2021-04-30 09:45:41

SteveG

Bloke wrote #330011:

Ah, then you’ll get a kick out of the adi_matrix plugin. It’s amazing.

I just tried out the adi_matrix with the custom field set up. That is THE ideal layout for the redirect list I want in the first place!

Board footer