Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2021-02-17 12:54:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Tags refresh/update

Further to Pete’s post about refreshing the docs using our collective knowledge.

I’ve made a start over the last few weeks. Nearly up-to-date with the schedule but could do with some more eyes on what I’ve done and, primarily, to ask if anyone has any cool real-world examples that should be included in the tag docs. You know, those little nuggets of tag excellence that Oleg has posted or you’ve bookmarked or where you’ve squirreled away some awesome tag-fu that you use over and over, and would be of benefit to the community.

That’s the sort of stuff we need to make the tag docs really useful, as well as anyone checking to see if the documentation is clear, understandable, and reflects the current functionality.

The story so far if you wish to check what I’ve done and add any examples is here:

I jumped ahead and did the link_to_* tags too, since they were related to the newer/older and needed updating anyway.

If you have anything to add, please submit your examples/changes via GitHub PR or simply post your tag example code or link to a delicious forum topic about any of the above tags and I’ll add it.

Thanks in advance for any tag examples or checking the docs for clarity and suggestions.

Last edited by Bloke (2021-05-19 17:56:48)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#2 2021-02-17 15:01:34

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: Tags refresh/update

Nice one, Stef – thank you. I haven’t forgotten about this, got a lot I’m juggling at the moment so I appreciate your efforts!

#3 2021-05-19 17:56:05

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

This initiative is still ongoing and input from anyone is welcome. Please submit your cool real-world tag examples for inclusion in the docs. Either here or directly on GitHub. Thanks!

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2021-09-06 19:42:18

colin99

Bloke wrote #330203:

This initiative is still ongoing and input from anyone is welcome. Please submit your cool real-world tag examples for inclusion in the docs. Either here or directly on GitHub. Thanks!

I am wading in as well – I have used Textpattern since the Stone age (Mick and Keith…) so it’s high time I pulled my weight.

On the World Wide Web since Day 1 – Editor/Creator – Coffeecrew.comCoffee.bc.ca
Twitter – Twitter.Com/CoffeeCrew -

Board footer