Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#111 2021-01-09 16:31:36

decode

Re: soo_image: simple yet powerful image tags

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply! Just for testing purposes, I provide an image context using soo_image_select as container tag on a page selecting a single picture with id. The image, uploaded through the admin UI before, resides in Textpattern’s images folder.

<txp:soo_image_select id="1">
    <txp:soo_image />
    <txp:soo_exif />
</txp:soo_image_select>

The image is displayed correctly, but no Exif data and the above Tag error remains.

Btw, reading up on how to use Textpattern values in a txp:php block, I was able to parse the picture’s metadata by invoking exif_read_data() directly using soo_image_url (or Txp’s own image_url) and it works fine (the example code pulls the whole unformatted data-block, oc).

<txp:php>
$exif = exif_read_data(parse('<txp:soo_image_url id="1" />'), 0, true);
foreach ($exif as $key => $section) {
    foreach ($section as $name => $val) {
        echo "$key.$name: $val<br />\n";
    }
}
</txp:php>

Last edited by decode (2021-01-09 16:50:59)

#112 2021-01-09 17:15:39

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

OK, I think the issue is that soo_image_url and soo_exif don’t use the same code for building the URL. The former uses the Txp constant hu for the base URL, but the latter uses $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']. Possibly I had a reason for doing so, but I don’t recall.

If you don’t mind, please find the following line:

$img_dir_path = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . "/$img_dir/";

and replace it with:

$img_dir_path = hu . $img_dir .'/';

and see if that fixes the issue for you.

Code is topiary

#113 2021-01-10 18:52:08

decode

Modifying the $img_dir_path variable didn’t help, but thanks to your hint, I may have found the underlying problem: I was running Textpattern from a subdirectory. Moving my install to the root folder solved any issues and txp:soo_exif now returns Exif tags correctly.

Fiddling around with the image path variables I’ve found that $img_dir_path is never fully formed because $img_dir doesn’t return anything. Shouldn’t it return the path of Textpattern’s images folder set in the preferences tab? I think a similar issue has been discussed here. Maybe @bloke can help shed some light on this?

Thanks for your time, Jeff.

Last edited by decode (2021-01-10 18:52:43)

#114 2021-01-10 19:00:08

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

decode wrote #328121:

Fiddling around with the image path variables I’ve found that $img_dir_path is never fully formed because $img_dir doesn’t return anything. Shouldn’t it return the path of Textpattern’s images folder set in the preferences tab?

Yes, that’s the intent, hence hu . $img_dir . '/' should work even for a subdirectory installation. $img_dir clearly is returning the correct result, otherwise you would be getting the error again. While fiddling around did you remember to declare global $img_dir;?

Code is topiary

Board footer