Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2020-11-24 11:49:48

GugUser

Re: bot_wtc v8 for Textpattern v4.7 (beta)

Hello all

What can I do? For me the combination of glz_custom_fields_v2.0 beta and bot_wtc_v2.0 is essential. But at the moment the backend is a chaos and I can’t manage to change that.

GugUser wrote #326981:

I have a strange problem with bot_wtc v8, Textpattern v4.8.3. I am changing the content and teh organisation of a website. I added new sections, deleted other and updated articles. A normal procedure. So I wanted to reorganise in bot_wtc which custom fields are visible for which section. This worked as expected in the beginning, but suddenly a change was not saved anymore, and instead of staying on the bot_wtc page, the view changed to the standard interface panel.

All my attempts to finish the work failed because the last change was not saved.

The database seems to be ok.

So I uninstalled the bot_wtc plugin and reinstalled it. Again I organized the 20 custom fields in bot_wtc. After 14 fields the error appeared again and I could not finish the process.

Several times I uninstalled the Plugin and installed it again, several times I organized the custom fields, in changing orders, but again and again I came to the point where the changes made were not saved.
I do not understand what is going on. In several other installations (Textpattern v4.8.3) bot_wtc v8 has worked fine until now.

#38 2020-11-24 11:58:04

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Hi,

I have never used these plugins, but had an issue with another one when the number of posted data reached php settings limit. Try to check in browsers console how many fields are sent when it stops working and compare with php max_input_vars and max_post_size settings.

#39 2020-11-24 12:29:52

GugUser

Hello, thank you very much for your answer.

The Browser Console remains empty. It is about three textpattern fields and 20 custom fields. After 14 custom fields the plugin stops working. This was not the case before, only since I created a new design and deleted the previous one.

#40 2020-11-24 12:42:51

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

And what request/response you get in Network console? Sure, 20cf looks well under the default 1000 max_input_vars value.

#41 2020-11-24 14:08:13

GugUser

How can I send you the two Network console protocols, 1. when it works and 2. when it not works?

#42 2020-11-24 17:28:19

jakob
Admin
Website

GugUser wrote #327007:

For me the combination of glz_custom_fields_v2.0 beta and bot_wtc_v2.0 is essential.

For some of my sites too, which is why I’ve tried to keep these two plugins ticking over until they get replaced by the core implementation of custom fields. As I have only really patched the existing plugin, I can’t say for sure why it’s stumbling at the 14th custom field. Is it always the very same custom field by any chance. Maybe there’s something it doesn’t like about the name, or perhaps some kind of recursion where items are placed before or after items that are already moved) and the 14 is just chance. But I am just guessing.

I’ll see if I can take a look a.s.a.p. but I’m rejigging my computer so I don’t have a working setup at present.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#43 2020-11-24 18:05:39

GugUser

Thanks jakob for your answer. I have tried a lot of things during the last days, without any result. It’s not a specific custom field. Until I created new sections and deleted others, your version of bot_wtc worked fine, as it still does in other installations. I have no explanation why this is the case now. Because you still get both plugins working, you might be interested in this problem. If you want, I can send you the access data by email, so that you can try it out, delete the plugin and install it again.

#44 2020-11-26 03:28:22

GugUser

And now, what to do if there is no solution?

#45 2020-11-26 07:40:57

jakob
Admin
Website

I’ve sent you an email.

#46 2021-05-11 09:50:03

demoncleaner
Plugin Author
Website

I ran into a problem in combination with glz_custom_fields like described here already.
But I am quite sure it is more of a bot_wtc-problem so I wanted to continue here.

Basically when having a textarea outside the normal custom_fields box it duplicates when saving.
This does not happen with normal inputs.

But I cannot figure out on how to fix it.
I am not even sure if I am looking at the right spot.

It could be related to the function:

function bot_wtc_jquery_cleanrefresh_rows()

But I am not sure. If anybody could help me on this it would be great.
I could also make this a payed job, because I need it for a project.

glz_custom_fields Version is: 2.0.1
bot_wtc Version is: 8.0

Last edited by demoncleaner (2021-05-11 09:50:37)

#47 2021-05-11 10:18:39

jakob
Admin
Website

demoncleaner wrote #330103:

I ran into a problem in combination with glz_custom_fields like described here already.
But I am quite sure it is more of a bot_wtc-problem so I wanted to continue here.

Basically when having a textarea outside the normal custom_fields box it duplicates when saving.
This does not happen with normal inputs.

But I cannot figure out on how to fix it.
I am not even sure if I am looking at the right spot.

It could be related to the function:

function bot_wtc_jquery_cleanrefresh_rows()...

But I am not sure. If anybody could help me on this it would be great.
I could also make this a payed job, because I need it for a project.

glz_custom_fields Version is: 2.0.1
bot_wtc Version is: 8.0

Have a look at $bot_arr_item_groups because the function bot_wtc_jquery_cleanrefresh_rows() compares the items that you have set to be repositioned against their “home” locations and removes them if they are not found. It could be that your custom_field or extra field is not listed in that array. The custom fields are not listed there and there may have been a good reason for that but it was a while ago and I can’t remember. It may need an additional check for duplicate items outside their “home” location.

#48 2021-05-11 15:10:00

demoncleaner
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks jakob. I am on it.

Just to give you an indermediate result:

I think it is not a custom_field related problem at all.
I deleted all my current custom_fields and moved the Excerpt field with bot_wtc before the body field. Same thing happens. On save I will have a duplicate of the Excerpt textarea including its (old) value.
Which disappears when I reload the page.

Board footer