Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#31 2020-09-26 17:00:47

GugUser

Re: bot_wtc v8 for Textpattern v4.7 (beta)

jakob wrote #326111:

As regards the two differences between the sites, maybe it helps to take a dump of each installation to your local computer and then run a diff on the folders to determine if there are any differences in the actual core files. If you’re on the newer txp version, the plugins directory should also contain the plugin code as text files and you can do a diff on that folder too, to determine whether the plugin code differs at all. Another thing you could look at is any differences between the bot_wtc re-arranging you are doing on each site. If there’s a difference there, you might be able to try out whether a particular instruction is causing it to trip on one site but not on the other.

All compared versions are the same, from the same source, Textpattern 4.8.3 and bot_write_tab_customize_v8.0 (Julian Reisenberger), on PHP 7.4.10. The only difference: different providers, possibly with different internal server configurations.

#32 2020-09-26 17:04:09

jakob
Admin
Website

Megafast patch there! 👍 And thanks for continuing to ask GugUser.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#33 2020-09-26 17:24:28

GugUser

Many thanks to both of you!

I discovered a difference in the different installations. All the ones where it works have “Allow form override” on. This seems to be the default. I can’t explain why it wasn’t the same with the other two.

#34 2020-11-15 14:04:29

peterj

This plugin is magical but complex in its workings. I have found a couple of ways to get into trouble with it (bot_wtc v8, txp 4.8.0, PHP 7.3)

- saving changes on the bot_wtc tab can (sometimes) trigger mod_sec (as noted by others)
- By default a glz_custom_field textarea displays within the main-content div. I think this altered a few versions ago(?). If you ask bot_wtc to shift a glz textarea back into the custom fields group, the textarea disappears on async save. It sounds similar to the “known bugs” in the intro post. You need to reload to see it again.

Last edited by peterj (2020-11-15 14:08:00)

#35 2020-11-22 21:32:33

GugUser

I have a strange problem with bot_wtc v8, Textpattern v4.8.3. I am changing the content and teh organisation of a website. I added new sections, deleted other and updated articles. A normal procedure. So I wanted to reorganise in bot_wtc which custom fields are visible for which section. This worked as expected in the beginning, but suddenly a change was not saved anymore, and instead of staying on the bot_wtc page, the view changed to the standard interface panel.

All my attempts to finish the work failed because the last change was not saved.

The database seems to be ok.

So I uninstalled the bot_wtc plugin and reinstalled it. Again I organized the 20 custom fields in bot_wtc. After 14 fields the error appeared again and I could not finish the process.

Several times I uninstalled the Plugin and installed it again, several times I organized the custom fields, in changing orders, but again and again I came to the point where the changes made were not saved.
I do not understand what is going on. In several other installations (Textpattern v4.8.3) bot_wtc v8 has worked fine until now.

#36 2020-11-24 04:26:09

GugUser

Yes, I have a strange problem with bot_wtc v8, Textpattern v4.8.3…

GugUser wrote #326981:

I have a strange problem with bot_wtc v8, Textpattern v4.8.3. I am changing the content and teh organisation of a website. I added new sections, deleted other and updated articles. A normal procedure. So I wanted to reorganise in bot_wtc which custom fields are visible for which section. This worked as expected in the beginning, but suddenly a change was not saved anymore, and instead of staying on the bot_wtc page, the view changed to the standard interface panel.

All my attempts to finish the work failed because the last change was not saved.

So I uninstalled the bot_wtc plugin and reinstalled it. Again I organized the 20 custom fields in bot_wtc. After 14 fields the error appeared again and I could not finish the process.

Several times I uninstalled the Plugin and installed it again, several times I organized the custom fields, in changing orders, but again and again I came to the point where the changes made were not saved.
I do not understand what is going on. In several other installations (Textpattern v4.8.3) bot_wtc v8 has worked fine until now.

#37 2020-11-24 11:49:48

GugUser

Hello all

What can I do? For me the combination of glz_custom_fields_v2.0 beta and bot_wtc_v2.0 is essential. But at the moment the backend is a chaos and I can’t manage to change that.

GugUser wrote #326981:

#38 2020-11-24 11:58:04

etc
Developer
Website

Hi,

I have never used these plugins, but had an issue with another one when the number of posted data reached php settings limit. Try to check in browsers console how many fields are sent when it stops working and compare with php max_input_vars and max_post_size settings.

#39 2020-11-24 12:29:52

GugUser

Hello, thank you very much for your answer.

The Browser Console remains empty. It is about three textpattern fields and 20 custom fields. After 14 custom fields the plugin stops working. This was not the case before, only since I created a new design and deleted the previous one.

#40 2020-11-24 12:42:51

etc
Developer
Website

And what request/response you get in Network console? Sure, 20cf looks well under the default 1000 max_input_vars value.

Board footer