Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2020-08-28 18:46:57

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: N00b Q. re. coding default page from zero

gu wrote #325648:

It just occurred to me to ask (if I may ask you another question, sorry) whether I supposed to be practising somewhere else, and not ‘live’ on my actual site?

Welcome to txp and please feel free asking questions. This one is fully replied here.

#14 2020-08-28 18:51:00

zero
Website

etc wrote #325651:

Welcome to txp and please feel free asking questions. This one is fully replied here.

Completely didn’t think of that, old habits die hard. Yes, definitely the way to go!

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#15 2020-08-28 20:49:25

gu

edited for clarity and to remove the pathos
@ etc – wow, what a powerful opportunity given by textpattern. That is so amazing. But thank you also in that article confirming that the ‘live’ problem is real. I currently do not have any viewers of my site but am in a hurry to finish (hopefully) before I do.
The developer option also confirms my appreciation for txp.

@zero thank you so much for writing about browser experience, that was also super helpful. Also, thank you so much for your continued support.

Last edited by gu (2020-08-29 12:13:03)

<!— space for hope —>

#16 2020-08-29 12:28:22

gu

This is to thank everyone for their help and for being so welcoming. Not only did I get the search box where I wanted it thanks to your help, but the other suggestions have been an incredible bolster to get me on my way. There is so much here that is useful! I am grateful for this wonderful community experience.

<!— space for hope —>

#17 2020-08-29 15:14:03

zero
Website

Glad we could help in some way. You’re always welcome on the forum. There are often a few others who are very clued up but I think they may be on holiday at the moment. The forum also has magical powers — quite often when I have a problem I’m struggling with, I write it out and almost immediately after I press the Submit button, the answer comes to me. It happens a lot. Colak has even got it in his signature, it’s such a regular thing for him.

Take care, see you again and thank you too for your sparkly comments. Oh, and thanks for autodidact which is a word that’s new to me but I’ll use it from now on, seeing as I am an autodidact too :-)

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#18 2020-08-29 16:55:47

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

zero wrote #325657:

Glad we could help in some way. You’re always welcome on the forum. There are often a few others who are very clued up but I think they may be on holiday at the moment. The forum also has magical powers — quite often when I have a problem I’m struggling with, I write it out and almost immediately after I press the Submit button, the answer comes to me. It happens a lot. Colak has even got it in his signature, it’s such a regular thing for him.

I guess that the forum helps us in putting our coding issues into words, meant for communication with others. This divorces the code from its abstractions and distils it to its functions. For this reason alone, the forum has, through the years, become an excellent and, in my view, indispensable, tool in the txp arsenal.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#19 2020-08-29 17:29:21

gu

What beautiful comments these are! And very meta… putting the symbol systems of code into words. But the fact that learning just enough code and learning txp came with this community is still inspiring me! I had read about online communities, like in Howard Rheingold’s accounts of the Well (I recommend his book Virtual Community, which is free to read online) but never found such a welcoming place. The fact that txp comes with people around it is really amazing. I guess that means it is a living language! (OK, I know it is not a language but tags, but…)
If all of our symbol systems are not bringing us closer together as humans, helping us ‘co-individuate’ (to quote Bernard Stiegler), it would be a wasted opportunity, I think. By contrast, txp is designed to bring things together in a super way and also brings people together, here on this forum!

<!— space for hope —>

Board footer