You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2020-08-19 09:15:54

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Alerts when Textpattern Blog updated

gaekwad wrote #325470:

Wow, that far? Impressive.

It is a bit freaky indeed. I had to check twice and ask my cat to confirm what my lying eyes saw. Tech specs for Photo.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#14 2020-08-19 09:26:34

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Without trying to derail the thread, I second Affinity Photo. It’s bloody marvellous. After a trial on Pete’s recommendation, I bought the PC version in a Black Friday deal, and the Mac version during their recent COVID half price deal. An absolute steal at the price for the power afforded.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#15 2020-08-19 09:28:03

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Bloke wrote #325474:

Without trying to derail the thread

Nah, that was me this time!

#16 2020-08-19 10:34:32

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

bici wrote #325459:

PS i am a hold out on Sierra because of Photoshop/Adobe.

You could dual-boot a Sierra installation and something more recent, I have a few clients with ooooold versions of FileMaker that don’t see a need to upgrade it (i.e. it works, save the money), but they have another supported macOS on the same hard drive for daily driver use. Much safer that way, especially if you’re internet-connected.

(And I’ll let it go, now.)

#17 2020-08-19 14:33:14

bici
Website Mastodon

gaekwad wrote #325467:

Aside – and I know you didn’t ask – the Affinity suite of products on macOS are excellent for the (one-off) price, and have replaced the Adobe products I used to use occasionally. You’ll need a relatively recent macOS to try them out, but definitely worth an evaluation if you have another Mac you can use.

i have bought the Affinity suite. i use Publisher without issues. Still grappling with Photo! These apps are awesome and they are integrated. And they work just fine in Sierra.

…. texted postive

#18 2020-08-19 15:41:47

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

bici wrote #325477:

i have bought the Affinity suite.

Yay! I haven’t bought Publisher as I’m still swapping InDesign files with others, but I might take the plunge if they have a sale this year.

Still grappling with Photo!

Most of the shortcuts are the same as Photoshop, but there are a few things that are done differently. One thing until very recently that bugged me was that as I pinch-zoomed on the trackpad I’d occasionally twist too, which rotated the picture a few degrees. Perfect if you’re an artist for changing stroke angle, but annoying if you’re in the middle of cropping a pic using rectangular selections. Couldn’t find a way to ‘reset’ the viewing angle to ‘0’ degrees, but luckily there’s a setting buried in Preferences to turn the rotation feature off so I’ve done that which helps my fat fingers no end.

Last edited by Bloke (2020-08-19 15:43:23)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer