1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Corona virus

#169 2020-04-03 22:26:59

Destry
Website

Re: Corona virus

Destry wrote #322447:

Le Figaro is reporting that the US administration has paid China to re-route a large shipment of masks already paid for and destined for France

This is showing up on Aljazeera right now over the top of Trumpeter’s live nightly report, but it’s now Berlin reporting US ‘confiscating’ shipments from Thailand. Multiple countries unhappy. If it’s fake news, it’s big fake news.

Meanwhile, Trump keeps talking about how many masks the US suddenly has, internally sourced is the claim, and that they will supply Europe with medical supplies.

This is playing out like the biggest Scorsese movie I’ve ever seen. The mob steels supplies, takes what it needs, hands out the rest as a hero move for rigged elections benefit. The script is so cliche it’s not even funny.

No mention of that train jockey, though.

#170 2020-04-04 00:07:10

bici
Website Mastodon

Trumpeter has order 3M not to ship N95 Masks to Canada and Mexico.

3M pushes back on Trump order to stop sending N95 masks to Canada

a total asshole

…. texted postive

#171 2020-04-04 14:23:48

zero
Website

The UK is approaching its infection peak with more deaths in the last 24 hours (708) than any other country. 16 days ago a friend’s granddaughter had the symptoms — very high temperature and coughing continuously — and the girl’s mother got it too. The girl’s symptoms lasted 3 days, her mother’s 6 days. Both had close contact with my friend and his wife the day before and on the day of the symptoms appearing. All stayed in isolation for 14 days and grandparents have shown no symptoms. The girl was still at school when she was infected, so I expected the contagion to spread rapidly through the community. It hasn’t and only 1 or 2 cases (literally) are known about. Nobody has been tested.

Just saying.

I’ve heard doctors and nurses with first-hand experience saying on the radio how it’s extremely deadly especially for older weaker people. So it’s a real thing. But the stats show that the average death rate in 2018 was 1484 per day (541,000 per year). Taking that and my friends’ experience into consideration, I don’t know what to make of it. But I’m more optimistic.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#172 2020-04-04 15:49:30

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

What was the old world? There were parks, cafes, and meetings, casual and otherwise. There were groups and walks with friends in parks. There were projects. Now there are no projects. What is existence for? We are back to philosophical basics: the question, the dialogue, if you are fortunate, the time to wonder, the question of values and virtues: courage, self-control, introspection, contemplation, pursuing a thought to the end. Is it easier to sleep now, or harder? The concept of time is an object for modern man, we dwell in a kind of domestic eternity, and dream of tidying, or of meeting people outside, of having something to do. Plague Diary by Nina Power

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#173 2020-04-04 18:32:21

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

zero wrote #322480:

the stats show that the average death rate in 2018 was 1484 per day

Yes and that probably takes into account EWD which is naturally higher from December to March anyway.

I don’t know how many of the reported cases today are confirmed corona cases (tested post mortem?) Maybe all. But how many of those would have formed part of the natural winter attrition, given the target demographic for covid-19 (people with existing illnesses and respiratory conditions) are roughly the same group of people that are at higher risk during this period anyway. Not knocking the severity of the pandemic, just intrigued in the numbers compared with a regular year.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#174 2020-04-04 23:58:07

singaz

Sorry my horror English. I’m learning textpattern, I’m learning English

#175 2020-04-05 00:01:29

bici
Website Mastodon

singaz wrote #322491:

Sistema di sorveglianza mortalità giornaliera

odd note on teh page: Data di pubblicazione: 15 giugno 2016 , ultimo aggiornamento 14 maggio 2018

i.e. updated may 2018?

…. texted postive

#176 2020-04-05 12:30:33

singaz

I do not know too.

On the chart data for April 2020.

Perhaps now there is no one to update the text.

On the adjacent tab there are weekly reports.

#177 2020-04-05 13:02:32

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

bici wrote #322492:

odd note on teh page: Data di pubblicazione: 15 giugno 2016 , ultimo aggiornamento 14 maggio 2018

i.e. updated may 2018?

Possibly refers to the text structure ? Anyway mid-page there is a link to a PDF with the latest weekly report, and as Singaz notes that minitab at the top (“Archivio report”) links to the archive of previous weekly reports.

The difference between North and South is stunning.

@ Zero

Out of curiosity, are there many CT scanners in your area? Here in Japan those things are everywhere and are widely used for the diagnostics of COVID-19 patients (together or in addition to PCR tests).

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#178 2020-04-05 13:34:23

zero
Website

phiw13 wrote #322496:

@ Zero

Out of curiosity, are there many CT scanners in your area? Here in Japan those things are everywhere and are widely used for the diagnostics of COVID-19 patients (together or in addition to PCR tests).

The last time I went for an x-ray I had to wait 2 months for an appointment. In the radiography department, if I remember rightly, there were 3 scanners. I think this will be the number of scanners available in all towns of about 100,000 people or more. So not many and hence the long waiting time. There are possibly a third of this number in private healthcare too?

EDIT: there were about 300 in 2015

Last edited by zero (2020-04-05 14:00:43)

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#179 2020-04-05 13:49:41

zero
Website

Here’s a digestible article about how capitalism has failed in fighting coronavirus. Perhaps it’s western arrogance that was mostly to blame because South Korea has successfully contained it, as have Hong Kong, Singapore and China by all reports (and Japan too?). But the west ALWAYS (since the Donald began speaking of fake news) throw doubt and suspicion on those countries. We know best, we are the world leaders, our experts are better than yours blah blah blah. So how come we’ve not been doing testing testing testing on the same scale?

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#180 2020-04-05 18:35:20

singaz

Some knew in advance about the new virus.

Original in German:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfm1oXpvkTA

I looked at the Russian translation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdBGCApGrdY

Sorry, English language version not found.

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Corona virus

Board footer