Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2019-12-17 14:52:01

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

[textpacks] Translating languages strings for Textpattern 4.8

Now that we are close to Textpattern 4.8 beta, it would be great if we could get as many text string translations done as possible – your help is great appreciated. See the Crowdin page for a list of the languages and the current amount each has been completed so far.

Note that the top priories are ‘Textpack’ and ‘Textpack for installation process’, secondary priorities are ‘Pophelp’ (although I appreciate Pophelp translation is a large task, so no pressure). The ‘Default content at install’ section of translations is for future development work, so the 4 items within that group are not a priority at this time (they aren’t used in Textpattern 4.8).

Crowdin page

Instructions on how to help

#2 2019-12-17 16:50:59

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: [textpacks] Translating languages strings for Textpattern 4.8

Should we also translate the category titles/urls. Non Latin-based languages/alphabets result in some strange looking urls in some browsers. Also, shouldn’t those categories remain in English as part of txp’s legacy?

Another thing:) Should we also keep strings like Textpattern website, Textpattern user documentation, etc in English? The linked pages are as such.

Last edited by colak (2019-12-17 16:55:40)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2019-12-17 16:53:24

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

colak wrote #320590:

Should we also translate the category titles/urls. Non latin-based languages/alphabets result in some strange looking urls in some browsers. Also, shouldn’t those categories remain in english as part of txp’s legasy?

You mean the categories part of the ‘Default content at install’ group? If so, please see my comment above (it’s not required in 4.8).

#4 2019-12-17 17:07:14

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

‘Textpack for installation process’ is done, and ‘Textpack’ is almost done for the greek translation although admittedly I’ve hit a wall for 5 strings. I’ll need to ask some friends for their help.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#5 2020-01-14 11:05:01

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

4.8 beta2 is fast approaching so if anyone wants to squeeze some last minute translations in, now’s the time.

There are a few additions to the Textpacks between 4.8 beta and beta2 as well.

Many thanks, as always!

Board footer