Textpattern CMS support forum
- Core designer
- From: Farnham, Surrey, UK
- Registered: 2009-06-11
- Posts: 3,197
Become a Textpattern translator - Textpattern 4.7 onwards
We welcome and greatly value any additional languages translations by our wonderful community of users. Every additional text string translated makes Textpattern CMS slightly more awesome! We have streamlined and improved language support in Textpattern 4.7 as a strong base for future localization work in the platform – so what better time to get involved.
How to help us
The Textpattern CMS base language is
en-GB English, British (Oxford) – this base language also serves as a fallback for any text strings that have not been specifically translated into a target language yet. We then use the Crowdin translation platform to manage all other supported languages; Crowdin has a range of tools to help facilitate translations and makes the task as simple as possible.
Interested in becoming a translator of your language for Textpattern? There’s just a few things you need to note to get started:
- Signup for a user account on Crowdin (it’s free).
- Visit the Textpattern CMS Language Translations page and check whether the language(s) of your choice need translating.
- Select a language that is not 100% complete and start translating! Once we receive (automated) notice that new translation texts have been created we then peer review them and, if approved, move them into the CMS codebase. This can take a few days but we endeavour to review and include new translations as quickly as possible.
- If you spot errors within text that has already been translated, then using the process above you can also edit existing translations to correct them. Again, we peer review changes prior to them being included in the CMS codebase.
- If your chosen language has not been created yet in Crowdin, please contact us and we will generate the desired file so you can proceed.
- Translations will be available either as part of more regular Textpattern point releases, or to download and install manually via our website.