Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2019-11-12 00:23:46

Highgate

Need help fixing error - Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'yield'

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘yield’ (T_YIELD), expecting ‘(’ in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/52746/domains/[REDACTED-BY-GAEKWAD]/html/textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php on line 274

This is an old website and the guy that developed my website no longer keeps up with it. I’m on my own and basically don’t know the first thing about it. I get the above error when I try to go to my website. Trying to get it up and going again so I can get my content off.

Edit: removed website address, security reasons.

Last edited by gaekwad (2019-11-12 09:11:43)

#2 2019-11-12 06:10:50

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Need help fixing error - Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'yield'

Hi and welcome to txp,

As you say, this is obviously an old website. Your host must have upgraded their php and the textpattern you have installed, is no longer compatible.

You will have to backup your database (using phpMyAdmin) and all your site (using sftp) and then upgrade. Maybe this thread will be of help.
After the upgrade, your site may still be misbehaving as most plugins will be incompatible or outdatted, but there are ways of solving this problem too.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2019-11-12 09:18:31

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Highgate wrote #320009:

This is an old website and the guy that developed my website no longer keeps up with it. I’m on my own and basically don’t know the first thing about it.

Hi Highgate – as colak says above, it sounds like your web host has updated some software at their end, and your Textpattern is very out of date…hence it doesn’t know about the new web host software, and…splat.

Your website content is likely OK, but your Textpattern instance will need updating. If you’re not comfortable with this, and if your web person has moved on, and your site is down, I would suggest not muddling through it on your own as it might makes things worse.

There are people around here who could help you out, I’m sure – they may stop by and offer help as the day progresses.

Background info: OP is in Dallas, Texas, USA. Site looks like it’s running four point two or thereabouts.

#4 2019-11-12 12:45:16

jakob
Admin
Website

Yes, that’s a common one. As gaekwad said, if you need assistance, we can help. I’ve helped several people over this hump so that they are able to continue managing their sites with Textpattern – including the person in the other thread Colak linked to above. I had a brief look at your site on archive.org and from a quick glance, there’s a good chance that the upgrade will be fairly straightforward.
If you’re interested, send me an email via my profile. If you can’t see my email (it may be that as a new forum user you can’t see it), leave a message here and I can email you.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer