Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2004-11-19 11:04:19

Deb
Website

installed plugins don't show up

Hi,

I’ve just installed 2-3 plugins and they are not showing up on the plugin list. I have an email plugin installed which does show up but none of the other ones do.

According to this info:

… A new plugin is disabled by default after it is installed. The user must then switch plugin on before it is ever run on their live site. The wise will remember to check the contents of a plugin before enabling it, as the consequences of a malicious plugin could be dire. I believe Dean has plans for an approved plugins scheme, which would help tremendously in this respect …

I have to switch the plugin on before it will become enabled for use, however if I can’t see it, how do I turn it on?

I added zemlink and zemnav and I think one other but but now can’t remember what it was. Didn’t write it down because I thought it would show on the plugins list.

Thanks,
Deb

Last edited by Deb (2004-11-19 11:04:56)

Deb
www.puterbug.com
Web Design and Hosting Services

#2 2004-11-19 23:52:30

obeewan
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: installed plugins don't show up

Did you copy/paste them or “upload install” them?

If copy paste, did the text start with < ?php (without space for textile reasons)? If so, do the upload install.

And vice versa on the “upload install” thingie ;)

Plugins: ob1_advanced_search 1.032b, ob1_search_score 1.0, ob1_pagination 2.5, ob1_title 4.1, ob1_modified 2.1

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
— Sun Tzu

#3 2004-11-20 03:17:30

Deb
Website

Re: installed plugins don't show up

Got it handled, thanks!

Deb

Deb
www.puterbug.com
Web Design and Hosting Services

Board footer