[plugin] [ORPHAN] ob1_advanced_search

Name: ob1_advanced_search
Version: 1.032b
Author: Henrik Jönsson
Author URL: revolutioni.se
Modified: 2007-10-13
Paste URL
Manual

It has happend. A new version has been released that has been tested on TXP 4.0.5 but I see no reason why it shouldn’t work on 4.0.4.
This version is a beta, before I release it as a full version I want some testing by you done.

And please, read the manual before doing anything else so you understand the plugin.

FOR USERS THAT HAVE EVER USED THE OLD VERSION (0.9a) OF THE SEARCH PLUGIN ON A DATABASE
If you have used my previous version of the old plugin, remove the indexes that it have created in your textpattern table of your database before setting the new version up.
This is now doable through the attribute uninstall added in v1.03b.

Last edited by obeewan (2007-12-27 20:37:08)

Plugins: ob1_advanced_search 1.032b, ob1_search_score 1.0, ob1_pagination 2.5, ob1_title 4.1, ob1_modified 2.1

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
— Sun Tzu

#2 2004-11-11 03:08:53

gonzo409
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] ob1_advanced_search

I’ve been waiting for this one! Unfortunately, I need to get some rest for work tomorrow – but I’ll be downloading this ASAP!

Liberal. Geek.

#3 2004-11-11 03:16:25

obeewan
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’ve been wanting to put this plugin out there for a long time. Just haven’t had time (and still doesn’t) to do the last parts of it.

I found the last “bug” I knew of and removed it today so, hopefully, it is bug free. But don’t take my word for it. :)

Plugins: ob1_advanced_search 1.032b, ob1_search_score 1.0, ob1_pagination 2.5, ob1_title 4.1, ob1_modified 2.1

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
— Sun Tzu

#4 2004-11-11 04:56:21

alicson
Website

yay! same with gonzo… i’ll be keeping this window up and checking it out tomorrow… i’ve been looking forward to it :)
thanks obeewan.

*edit: okay i read through your instructions and ‘am realizing that i’ll have to sit this one out for a while.. php and the coding stuff aren’t really my thing :-/ i’ll be silently cheering from the sidelines, though, for everyone else who gets to implement it and try it out. and hopefully even my amateurish hands will get a chance at it eventually.

Last edited by alicson (2004-11-11 18:59:06)

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#5 2004-11-12 00:53:46

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Up and running nicely thanks obeewan. I’ll leave the CSS for tomorrow. I’m too tired. Another great plugin thanks.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#6 2004-11-12 13:57:44

obeewan
Archived Plugin Author
Website

alicson,
That note is more of a disclaimer ;)
If you want some help with the install, mail me and I’ll do my best to answer or post it here in the forum.

— Sun Tzu

#7 2004-11-12 14:29:21

alicson
Website

:) Thank you obeewan.
I’ll plan to try it later this afternoon, then, or sometime this weekend.
And I appreciate your graciousness.

#8 2004-11-19 19:09:35

alicson
Website

well, rather later than I’d intended to get to it, but I have finally gotten to it and it works wonderfully and may the heavens bend downand bless obeewan’s beautiful head.

two things i’d like to correct when you have some leisure time and feel so inclined:
<strike>when the normal search is used now, it goes to the Advanced Search page, instead of running the regular inquiry. how to get it to run the inquiry and maybe add a link at the beginning of the search results to say “To refine your search, use <code><link>Advanced Search</link></code> here.”</strike> *edit: i think i’ve figured this one

also, i can’t figure out how to get that border around the whole thing to go away (ferrydust.com/search/).. it’s clearly my own fault through some css setting i have or something, but i’ve been unsuccessful in locating it to shut it off. (please be warned that my css sheet is really the messiest thing ever..i do apologize a bit, but that doesn’t mean i’ll be sufficiently cleaning it up anytime soon… but i hope to eventually!) if it’s not easily evident to anyone, then that’s fine… i’ll live with it or endeavor to solve it again in the future..

thank you thank you!

Last edited by alicson (2004-11-19 21:45:42)

#9 2004-11-19 23:49:30

obeewan
Archived Plugin Author
Website

The border comes from the fieldset wrapped around the form input as you need to have in XHTML Strict. The quick fix is to just do a

<code>
fieldset {
border: 0;
}
</code>

in your CSS and you’re borderless.

— Sun Tzu

#10 2004-11-20 05:26:01

alicson
Website

:)

obeewan’s one of the world’s best people ever.

thank you.

#11 2004-12-26 01:48:06

obeewan
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I discovered a bug today with the search. I can not currently release a new version but you can fix it easily by yourself.

Find the three rows with the following code:

<code>$SQLQuery = join(” “,$fieldQuery);</code>

Alter them to instead read:

<code>$SQLQuery = “(” . join(” “,$fieldQuery) . “)”;</code>

The bug was that it searched (for instance) for draft articles etc when using the OR clause in the search (this OR that word).

— Sun Tzu

#12 2005-04-12 14:50:47

ArbinShire
Website

It would be just dandy if one didn’t have to pick through this plugin trying to weed out the unneeded class information. It’s all nicely hidden away and a royal pita to do.

Any way to get a version without the class information for each input and destroy all those extra unneeded divs?

Board footer