Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#193 2016-06-06 21:05:16

uli

Re: stm_article_order: Arbitrary sort order for your articles

michaelkpate wrote #299577:

under Extensions I see stm_ao-Sektionen.

Sorry for that, I just reuploaded the English textpack file.

I checked Content|Images and I haven’t uploaded any. Do you think that might be the issue?

Please try and upload an image. Other than that I’m stumped ATM. You might have read somewhere here that I never learned to code in any language. I simply try grasping the logic, imitate or alter and watch what happens. I’m a graphic designer and began to publish my private versions because Stanislv, the developer of stm_ao, had left the community and because my versions had the better CSS (yes, it began with CSS changes) that allowed to drag articles to the very last position in a list instead to the beforelast one and then drag the last one before that one. So actually I go out on a very thin limb publishing anything here.

And that’s also the reason why I’ll never name it with my own prefix, GugUser.

GugUser wrote #299578:

uli it’s amazing that you have worked on it. Thank you very much.

You’re welcome! Did you get Michael’s errors, too?

A little mismatch: The bottom save button don’t work with rah_knots.

stm_ao saves with rah_knots’ keyboard shortcut but you don’t get the shortcut shown on hover beside the second button. That’s probably what you mean. (I see you have some image code here, but I don’t get the image displayed :p)

I not remember if I changed the following in my own version and become accustomed, or if this is new: Article order is in the Presentation tab, I had it in the Content tab. What is better an why? And how are the rights to the access?

You must have changed it, I personally like it better in the Content section of the menu but didn’t want to change it away from that Presentation because the plugin now no longer requires intensive customisations. (Article Order itself is 1,2 & 3, the sections panel only 1 & 2.)

GugUser wrote #299579:

Another incorrect behavior: After dragging an article to another position or to an other section and save, the tab navigation no longer works.

Can you please explain what you mean by “tab navigation”? Did you try it on the Classic theme? If so: Can you try a more recent version of jQuery? I didn’t say it explicitly, but this plugin is meant as a 4.6+ version. I never tried it on any Textpattern version below.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#194 2016-06-06 21:16:19

uli

jakob, thank you again, one more time :) That’s food for hopes. As I can’t really analyse error messages I’d have to dump the plugin otherwise.

Unfortunately my shedule is very tight ATM, I hoped it would all go a little more smoothly. Too bad!

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#195 2016-06-06 21:17:03

GugUser

uli wrote #299584:

Can you please explain what you mean by “tab navigation”? Did you try it on the Classic theme? If so: Can you try a more recent version of jQuery? I didn’t say it explicitly, but this plugin is meant as a 4.6+ version. I never tried it on any Textpattern version below.

I tried it on two 4.6 beta installations, one with PHP 5.5.19 (online, at the moment in this installation stm_ao is the only installed plugin) and the other with PHP 7 (MAMP). In both after saving the changes I can’t navigate in the backend. I need to log out and log in again.

Last edited by GugUser (2016-06-06 21:18:30)

#196 2016-06-06 21:56:35

uli

GugUser wrote #299586:

I need to log out and log in again.

Oh sheesh! I’m sorry. And I’m stumped. Totally!

#197 2016-06-06 22:00:44

uli

jakob wrote #299583:

Hi uli, if I’m not mistaken, you can include the textpacks in the plugin template and avoid the two-step problem. There’s a bit in the php file template

jakob, I’m working right in ied_plugin_composer, so in case it’s necessary to use the plugin template … I’ve no idea what to do with it.

Two weeks ago I’ve tried code similar to the one you posted (an example with Elise/Alice in it) immediately in the plugin (see around line 317) but none of the names ever arrived in txp_lang.

#198 2016-06-06 22:01:43

uli

Michael and others terrified by errors, please try the new version that I’ve changed according to jakob’s proposals (I couldn’t stand to wait until the weekend :p) Thanks again, jakob.

#199 2016-06-06 23:39:45

GugUser

uli wrote #299589:

Michael and others terrified by errors, please try the new version that I’ve changed according to jakob’s proposals (I couldn’t stand to wait until the weekend :p) Thanks again, jakob.

I’m not terrified, on the contrary, I’m very grateful that you’ve taken on this work. I hope you can find the time to continue working calmly on this plugin. Thank you.

#200 2016-06-07 02:13:44

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

uli wrote #299589:

And the answer is: No errors. No problems. As far as I can tell, everything is working exactly as intended.

And I finally was able to wrap my head around what this plugin is supposed to do and how it works.

Fantastic Job, Uli, Jakob, and everyone else who pitched in.

#201 2016-06-07 08:12:07

jpdupont

Voici un textpack français.

#@stm_ao
#@language fr-fr
stm_ao_article_order => Classement des articles
stm_ao_article_order_saved => Classement des articles enregistré.
stm_ao_edit_article => Éditer l'article
stm_ao_edit_image => Éditer l'image
stm_ao_hide_articles => Cacher les articles
stm_ao_hide_images => Cacher les images
stm_ao_hints_for_using =>  Déplacez (drag and drop) un article à une nouvelle position et cliquez sur "Enregistrer". En déplaçant un article sur une autre section, vous le changez de section. On ne peut déplacer qu'un seul article à la fois.
stm_ao_it_s_the_one_above => C'EST CELUI AU DESSUS !
stm_ao_oops_push_it_please => OUPS! POUSSEZ-LE, S'IL VOUS PLAIT ! IL PASSERA EN PREMIÈRE POSITION !
stm_ao_optional_warnings => Si vous laissez un article aller sous la liste , faites défiler la page vers le bas pour le trouver.
stm_ao_prefs_h1 => Sections dans le plugin  Stm article order
stm_ao_prefs_hint => Exclure les sections que vous ne voulez pas afficher dans le <a href="index.php?event=stm_article_order"> panneau des articles </a>,<br />par exemple, celles où les articles sont triés par d'autres critères que manuellement.
stm_ao_prefs_menuitem => Stm article order : sections
stm_ao_prefs_pagetop => Sections dans Stm article order
stm_ao_save => Enregistrer
stm_ao_sections_updated => Sélection mise à jour
stm_ao_show_articles => Montrer les articles
stm_ao_show_images => Montrer les images
stm_ao_update => Mettre à jour la sélection

Last edited by jpdupont (2016-06-07 08:15:12)

#202 2016-06-07 12:13:44

uli

Thanks, GugUser and jpdupont, for translating the textpacks!

I got mail from GugUser with the image I don’t see here and a description of his navigation problem. It seems that the only change I did to 4.6 (re-introducing hover menus by means of a CSS one-liner) was a fatal one in that it concealed that the click menu didn’t work no more. Unfortunately I altered the CSS in hour 1 of my 4.6 test phase so now the step that caused the click menus to not come down is not identifiable so easily. Console shows no error other than localStorage is null which to my mind doesn’t seem to be related as it appears on every page of the backend.

#203 2016-06-07 12:17:05

uli

michaelkpate wrote #299592:

And the answer is: No errors. No problems. As far as I can tell, everything is working exactly as intended.

That sounds soothing. Can you navigate away from the Article Order window once you’ve saved there? (You don’t need to change order, just saving suffices.)

And I finally was able to wrap my head around what this plugin is supposed to do and how it works.

All the more I’ve to thank you for testing it :)

Fantastic Job, Uli, Jakob, and everyone else who pitched in.

Thanks but––like I wrote––I’m only working on small details, Stanislav Müller wrote this plugin from the ground up, and Stef provided me with the necessary code to make it 4.6 compatible.

#204 2016-06-07 13:45:50

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

uli wrote #299603:

Can you navigate away from the Article Order window once you’ve saved there? (You don’t need to change order, just saving suffices.)

Actually, that doesn’t work. I guess you have one more bug to kill. I don’t mind dropping out of the admin interface and coming back but that would be hard to explain to novice users.

Board footer