Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-01-20 21:31:09

gour

translating Textpattern & MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

Hello!

I’ve decided to (try to) use Textpattern as solution for my web needs which means there is need to equip it for using with Croatian (Hrvatski) language.

Now, I have just seen the post in the MLP thread and after just skimming it a bit, I wonder what is the up-to-date information how to proceed with submitting translation: using that plugin or as it is explained in the sticky post here?

#2 2013-01-20 22:16:51

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: translating Textpattern & MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

MLP is multi-lingual hack. Allows running site that displays content in multiple languages. It doesn’t relate to creating translations.

Translators do their translation jobs through a centralized interface hosted on translation servers. Translations itself are distributed through a translation files, format which is sometimes referred as Textpacks.

You can update your copy of a translation by downloading the translation file from the servers, modifying it and then installing it from file to your Textpattern installation.

If you ever want to become translator, that a other thing. You would have to ask permissions to the translation server and maybe even talk with the current translator who ever that might be.

#3 2013-01-20 22:48:02

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Yep, either do it the way Gocom mentions or we can make you an official translator for Croatian, if you prefer. The current hr-hr person is Filip Baraka but I don’t recall seeing them around for quite some time here. And looking at the state of the strings they don’t appear to have been updated in a while.

Let us know if you want to be considered for translation duties.

Last edited by Bloke (2013-01-20 22:49:33)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2013-01-21 08:39:23

gour

Gocom wrote:

MLP is multi-lingual hack. Allows running site that displays content in multiple languages. It doesn’t relate to creating translations.

I saw the following in the MLP’s homepage

• Localisation of plugin strings via the admin interface (at last, no editing of source files!)
  • Ability to search for, and edit, any TxP language string by name or by content — in any of the languages supported by the site.

and thought it has to do with core translations as well.

Translators do their translation jobs through a centralized interface hosted on translation servers. Translations itself are distributed through a translation files, format which is sometimes referred as Textpacks.

It looks as no offline work (e.g. using Poedit) or support at Transifex and similar sites where one can take advantage of other projects’ translations?

If you ever want to become translator, that a other thing. You would have to ask permissions to the translation server and maybe even talk with the current translator who ever that might be.

OK. Thank you.

#5 2013-01-21 08:43:48

gour

Bloke wrote:

Yep, either do it the way Gocom mentions or we can make you an official translator for Croatian, if you prefer.

If it offers some advantages over the former, I agree.

The current hr-hr person is Filip Baraka but I don’t recall seeing them around for quite some time here. And looking at the state of the strings they don’t appear to have been updated in a while.

Yeah, I see that his last post is from 2007-08-17 16:21:09.

I placed an order for Textpattern Solutions book @abebooks.co.uk yesterday and I’m enthusiastic to learn & use Textpattern for all my web needs which includes running Croatian sites as well. :-)

#6 2013-01-22 15:55:52

gour

Bloke wrote:

Should I receive some msg when approved as translator for Croatian/Hrvatski ?

#7 2013-01-22 21:43:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

gour wrote:

Should I receive some msg when approved as translator for Croatian/Hrvatski ?

Yes.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#8 2013-05-03 04:10:52

Haman03

Please tell me about how to modify of translation file.

#9 2013-09-12 17:24:09

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Haman03 wrote:

Please tell me about how to modify of translation file.

Hi,

You can modify it with any plain text editor. But… what would you like to edit in it?

Last edited by colak (2013-09-13 05:58:17)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer