Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2012-12-08 06:46:29

whaleen
Website

Re: Twitter Bootstrap - Textpattern-ised

It’s a work in progress.

It’s just a skeleton with some stray txp:tags at the moment but maybe worth a fork. I’ve been building this project to share with my future self. I haven’t got any feedback yet.

txtstrap (Textpattern + Twitter Bootstrap + etc…)

#14 2012-12-10 10:07:03

whaleen
Website

I’ve made a little more progress with it. I’ve started to go in direction of focusing on txp forms. Bootstrap by itself is just a css and js or twelve included. The real fun is with txp:tags. Txp:tags spit out all kinds of good and bad html and so do all the best plugins. I’m realizing that to make a good usable package I’ll need to focus on forms.misc.txp files.

I’ll do prefixes snip_ for a clipping of code and txtstrap_ for the more structural components of a theme.

I think a library of code snippets that work well with bootstrap would be a good end product. I should also add that I would not have it be geared towards Bootstrap only. As Mr. Stubbs eluded to earlier, Foundation is of importance too.

I’m interested in a code clips library getting built that would serve any framework.

But! Concerning Twitter Bootstrap: It might be a nice thing to draw in more users who need a CMS that can fly well in conjunction with their handy Bootstrap. That’s another angle. Popularity of TB and the obscure position that Textpattern is in. Coattails…

#15 2012-12-10 17:15:59

mistersugar
Website

Demo looks great, and while I don’t understand most of the coding you reference, I’m really glad to see you developing this. I’m muddling through my redesign using Foundation, building my forms.

#16 2012-12-10 20:28:07

whaleen
Website

mistersugar wrote:

Demo looks great, and while I don’t understand most of the coding you reference, I’m really glad to see you developing this. I’m muddling through my redesign using Foundation, building my forms.

Thanks. I updated the readme a little after hearing it’s not understood so well. I hope it makes more sense. It makes sense to me. :) I’m thinking about adding Foundation to the assets directory alongside Bootstrap. If I do I think I will then make a corresponding _templates directory for each Framework.

Board footer