Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2012-09-01 05:35:25

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: rah_wrach: select a section before writing an article

New version rah_write_each_section is now available, re-branded as rah_wrach. This release brings major enchantments to the look and fixes all compatibility issues the old plugin had with Textpattern 4.5.0.

Find out more about the enchantments in the newest release, or jump directly to downloads and docs.

Last edited by Gocom (2012-09-01 05:36:45)

#26 2012-09-01 15:17:52

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Thanks Jukka.

This plugin is a great UI improvement and it is definitely adopted for all my projects ;)

Plz Jukka, stop making so amazing plugins.

:D

Last edited by Pat64 (2012-09-01 15:19:59)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#27 2012-09-01 15:37:45

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Thank you, Patrick, and for the French translation too.

#28 2012-09-03 08:50:08

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Jukka. Here is a little feedback:

rah_wrach doesn’t allow to add a new article on a new page (process: choosing an article from the rah_wrach list, then from the “Write” tab clic on “Add new article” this event failed even if this new section isn’t part of the “hide from section list” preference).

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#29 2012-09-03 11:44:02

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Pat64 wrote:

“Add new article”

Are you referring to the Create new button present on the right hand-side column? Clicking the button would bring up the section prompt.

if this new section isn’t part of the “hide from section list” preference

Part of which preference? I do not really understand. Do you mean the “Hide Section field” setting in rah_wrach? If that particular setting is enabled, the section field is hidden permanently from the editor. The setting is to offer options to publishing articles only to the specific sections present in the prompt. Note that this setting’s effect is only visual and limited to hiding. Sections for existing articles can still be changed from the Articles list using the multi-edit tool, but the editor will not offer an option for a section.

Last edited by Gocom (2012-09-03 11:46:50)

#30 2012-09-03 13:41:03

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Gocom wrote:

“Add new article”
Are you referring to the Create new button present on the right hand-side column? Clicking the button would bring up the section prompt.

Absolutely.

if this new section isn’t part of the “hide from section list” preference
Part of which preference? I do not really understand. Do you mean the “Hide Section field” setting in rah_wrach?

Right. Sorry, cause I translate it into French, I haven’t no more the exact english label.

If that particular setting is enabled, the section field is hidden permanently from the editor. The setting is to offer options to publishing articles only to the specific sections present in the prompt. Note that this setting’s effect is only visual and limited to hiding. Sections for existing articles can still be changed from the Articles list using the multi-edit tool, but the editor will not offer an option for a section.

I’m pretty familiar with plugin usage in TXP (since 2005), mate. I well understand how to use yours. Please, try the case explained above: if you just create a new section (with no changes in the preferences panel) and try to add it a new article, it seems that – maybe i’m wrong – you haven’t any access to it (return to rah_wrach section choices – that’s pretty normal ;) – where the new section isn’t shown).

Best regards,

Patrick.

#31 2012-09-03 14:23:10

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

By default the prompt presents all sections, and doesn’t hide the editor’s section field. This gives you access to any section from the prompt itself.

The prompt also offers an option to set which sections are included in the prompt. When this setting is used, the prompt only lists those sections. If you create a new section, you will also have to update that setting in Advanced Preferences if you wish that new section to be included in the prompt.

#32 2012-09-03 14:32:53

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

OK Jukka. Thanks for your reply.

Have a nice day.

Patrick.

#33 2012-11-01 20:02:57

photonomad
Website

Hi Jukka,

I’ve modified the plugin and styling for a particular project (see screenshot image below). The “Edit Existing” button used to be the article count and Create New is self-explanatory.

Screenshot

Anyway, some of the sections are essentially “static” and should always only consist of one article. I was wondering if you might offer some guidance on how to either add another field in the rah_wrach prefs on the admin side where one can list sections that should only include an “Edit Existing” (or article count) button, i.e. exclude the link to create a new article for those sections on the rah_wrach main page? I guess if one were to take it further for these special single article sections, it would be cool for the “Edit Existing” button (or count of “1” button) to take the user directly to edit that single article in the write tab, instead of going to an article list of one. Would love to know your thoughts on this feature request. If others might find it useful and how involved it might be.

Thanks!

#34 2012-11-11 15:32:16

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Support for the remora theme:

<style type="text/css">
				.txp-footer{clear:both}
				#rah_wrach{
					width:98%;
					min-width:80em;
					margin:0 3%
				}
				#rah_wrach .txp-grid-cell{
					float:left;
					width:33%;
					max-width:33% !important;
					height:9em;
					margin:0 .1em .5em .1em;
					padding:.5em;
					border:1px solid #ddd
				}
				#rah_wrach .txp-grid-cell .success,
				#rah_wrach .txp-grid-cell .page{cursor:help}
				#rah_wrach .information{
					padding:0 .5em;
					font-size:1.19em !important
				}
				#rah_wrach .txp-grid-cell hr{
					height:1px;
					background-color:#eee;
					border:0;
					color:#eee
				}
				#rah_wrach .information,
				#rah_wrach .success{
					float:right;
					clear:both;
					margin-left:.3em;
					vertical-align:baseline;
					font-size:1em
				}
			</style>

Last edited by Pat64 (2012-11-11 15:51:37)

Patrick.

#35 2012-11-11 16:36:37

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Out of the box rah_wrach supports and works with all three core themes, including Remora. Since documented core UI patterns and widgets are deployed, the interface structurally looks familiar across the board while inheriting the look and feel of the theme.

I suppose those styles are for the modification you were showing off previously in the Textpattern 4.5.0’s release thread. Those styles don’t match the markup structure rah_wrach uses.

#36 2012-11-11 18:16:16

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Hi Jukka ;)

Thanks for your reply.
My TXP back-end displays this in the footer: “Textpattern CMS · 4.5.2”.

Patrick.

Board footer