Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2011-12-10 18:02:19

redbot
Plugin Author

Re: [RESOLVED] Renaming this (particular) forum

ruud wrote:

…I had to think about what the second one meant before I understood. The first one is clearer, I think, especially for those who are less fluent in English.

+1

#14 2011-12-10 19:48:55

els

No problem, we can change it again. I will wait for some more opinions this time ;)

#15 2011-12-10 20:56:52

uli

In order to explain why I vote for

Textpattern’s Websites and Channels

The term “real estate” per se is not necessarily part of commonplace vocabulary for people living outside of English speaking countries. “Web real estate” sounds like right in the middle between a pun and a “technical expression”, and this ambiguity doesn’t make comprehension easier. Just my 0.02 EUR.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#16 2011-12-10 22:49:26

Destry
Website

No argument here. Those are good reasons for the switch.

#17 2011-12-10 23:21:45

Destry
Website

Actually, you might say Textpattern’s Websites and Social Channels, if you want to clarify “channels” a bit. The description becomes more redundant at that point.

#18 2011-12-11 00:05:42

Destry
Website

Els wrote:

Another option would be to include them in the forums’ descriptions, that way they would be removed from the subforums lists, but still visible.

I’m not sure where the forums’ descriptions are, to be honest. That might say something.

I once did a mockup of the forum (here’s a relevant crop) — back in the day, about the time I was redesigning the wiki — to suggest the logic of having a common navigation among .com, .net, .org and Txg. The idea being that those external family site links would be in the banner navigation of the forum, clear as day, as consistently as the other sites (or at least the wiki). The image is old, but the idea is still good, and I’m sure the forum nav could be modified to pull it off. Time has passed; I’d change “Resources” to read “Plugins” or “Plugins Repo” or something.

#19 2011-12-11 00:11:05

els

Destry wrote:

I’m not sure where the forums’ descriptions are, to be honest. That might say something.

I just changed it, have a look at the index page.

(here’s a relevant crop)

This is what Google shows me:

403. That’s an error.
We’re sorry, but you do not have access to this document. That’s all we know.

Destry wrote:

to suggest the logic of having a common navigation among .com, .net, .org and Txg.

Yes, I remember that, and I agree. It’s something that has to be implemented by Robert, Stef or Ruud I think.

#20 2011-12-11 00:26:13

Destry
Website

For crap’s sake, Google. This frickin’ you must announce everything you share to the world, is so Suckerberg-like.

Sorry, little rant.

It seems I don’t have the nice Picasa albums anymore, but rather some hyperactive G+–infused mess now. I’ll try iCloud.

But yeah, I knew you couldn’t do it as moderator. Just throwing out the ideal place.

#21 2011-12-11 00:29:43

Destry
Website

Els wrote:

I just changed it, have a look at the index page.

Oh, yeah. I see what you mean now. Yeah, that’s better, actually. It at least takes them out of the internal links. Good.

Board footer