Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#71 2011-07-25 16:03:05

Bloke
Developer
Website

Re: A New Default Theme for Textpattern - Request for Proposals

michaelkpate wrote:

I am hoping that at some point that site can be drastically redone. The fact that the design clashes so much with everything else doesn’t impress anyone. And I think it would also make sense to remove all non-plugin content. There is a much better place for that

It was 75% done, then I ran out of good people to help me with the UI, then the server migration happened and it’s fallen off the map.

Rest assured, the .org site will only contain plugins when it’s evnetually relaunched. All other non-plugin content is to be rehomed or binned archived depending on usefulness.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#72 2011-07-25 19:32:14

jstubbs
Website

As jakob indicated in this post we have a few framework templates/themes that we aim to release quite soon. Actually should already have been released, but I fried the templates in cnk_versioning after a faulty install…

The themes aim to be slot-in solutions for a variety of user scenarios, and are designed to replace the default templates in a clean install (but could also be used by advanced users as a framework).

If they are welcomed by the community, then the themes can be optional replacements for the current default theme. I realise that Phil has been doing some excellent work on recreating the default theme, so anything we release will add choice to those who want it.

It would certainly be a good idea to create themes based on similar markup, at least for the default theme.

After frying the themes on our test site, I started from scratch and now aim to add more features – responsive design etc etc. Hopefully will be done in a week or two.

#73 2011-07-25 19:36:18

frickinmuck

Bloke wrote:

“It was 75% done, then I ran out of good people to help me with the UI, then the server migration happened and it’s fallen off the map.

Rest assured, the .org site will only contain plugins when it’s evnetually relaunched. All other non-plugin content is to be rehomed or binned archived depending on usefulness.”

I would be happy to help out with the UI for that site, if help is needed.

Last edited by frickinmuck (2011-07-25 19:37:04)

The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else.

#74 2011-07-25 20:01:03

Destry
Website

jstubbs wrote:

I fried the templates in cnk_versioning after a faulty install…

There’s irony for ya. :)

frickinmuck wrote:

I would be happy to help out with the UI for [Textpattern Plugins], if help is needed.

I’m sure Bloke will be in touch if he’s not off his rocker. In fact, I’m sure he could use two people helping with .org, but now someone could pick it up and get rolling. This is probably a better thread to continue discussing it, though.

Last edited by Destry (2011-07-25 20:06:56)

The text persuades, the *notes prove。

#75 2011-07-29 11:52:34

Destry
Website

Phil,

I have some feedback (real client user) on the Hive admin theme. You want it here or in the github?

The text persuades, the *notes prove。

#76 2011-07-29 11:54:29

philwareham
Core designer
Website

On Github please, cheers.

Board footer