Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-02-01 21:24:43

liamdempsey
Website

Textpattern and Streamline.net webhosting

Hiya,

Over the past weekend, I posted a Textpattern website online (www.walksonthewildside.net) with Streamline.net as the webhost. I’ve yet to be able to login to the Textpattern CMS. My password (which worked on the dev site) isn’t allowing me in … and the password reset functionality isn’t getting an email through to me. (My email address is outside the walksonthewildside.net domain.)

I’ve gone back and forth a bit with Streamline.net’s tech support but they are not proving overly helpful. Their tech support says that all script-generated email either needs to be sent from or sent to a domain within the account. That seems to mean that I may need to edit my TXP settings to have the password reminder email be sent not via my own email address, but from one within the walksonthewildside.net domain. Is that even possible?

Has anyone else been able to configure a TXP site on a Streamline.net account? If so, how? Are they specific settings that I need to tweak.

Alternatively, does anyone have a separate recommendation for a UK-based webhost for smaller TXP-based sites?

Many thanks,

Liam

#2 2010-02-01 23:06:59

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Textpattern and Streamline.net webhosting

You may need to set the SMTP envelope sender address which would normally be done in the Admin. Maybe updated it directly in the database? It’s in the txp_prefs table with a name = ‘smtp_from’.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#3 2010-02-01 23:43:55

els

If nothing else works, you can always reset your password through phpMyAdmin.

#4 2010-02-02 00:34:00

redbot
Plugin Author

Els wrote:

If nothing else works, you can always reset your password through phpMyAdmin.

Or, if you don’t want to use phpmyadmin, there is this plugin

#5 2010-02-02 01:24:10

liamdempsey
Website

@ Els,

As I was keen to get directly into the TXP CMS, I took your route. That worked very well. Very helpful indeed. Thanks for the idea and the link.

@ MattD,

I like the idea of updating the database with your idea. Am I correct in understanding that I just need to swap out smtp_from with a valid email address and then save the settings?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Board footer