Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-01-21 17:06:06

inisheer

Static Home Page

Hi I am looking for help on how to create a static home page: a static but user-editable article to appear on the front page (e.g. a standard intro text).
These instructions I found in the forum seem to provide the answer but I really don’t know exactly where to insert the code into the forms. Sorry I’m really new to editing CSS. All help appreciated.

“you can use txp:article_custom id=“123” form=“myform” status=“whatever”. You don’t need status, but if it is an article that you don’t really want to have appear elsewhere, one trick is to write the article, set its status to hidden and then by using status=hidden in txp:article_custom you can make it appear exactly where you want it. Of course, replace 123 with your article ID# and myform with your form. “

#2 2010-01-21 18:35:18

maniar
Website

Re: Static Home Page

In the “Presentation Tab” Create a new “page” and call it for example front_page.

In that form you can then add:

<txp:article_custom id=‘123’ />

Go to the sections tab.

for the ‘Default’ section, change the ‘Uses page’ to ‘front_page.

اردو میں بھی دستیاب Textpattern آپ کے لیے اب

#3 2010-01-22 19:20:34

inisheer

I appreciate your help, but I don’t think that works. If I understood correctly, what I changed in the page was <txp:article listform=“article_listing” limit=“5” /> to <txp:article_custom id=‘123’ /> in the page that I named front_page. I don’t think this produces a result any different than just linking only one article to the home page.
I want to have the home page content appear only on the home page – without a clickable headline leading to repeat of the same article in “articles” or some other section.
Let me know what you think / thanks again / Bob

#4 2010-01-22 19:34:17

els

There is a FAQ about managing static pages, scroll down to How do I manage static pages?

Board footer