Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2009-11-10 07:14:34

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: TXPMag - anybody to take it over?

bici wrote:

i feel the love… my Spirit is Moved. …. and it brought a smile to my face … thanks!

I thought that it was all about rituals and sheeps.

#14 2009-11-10 13:27:09

Destry
Website

Just to clarify my use of “Team Textpattern.” I was well aware of the history and status when using it. I still use the label as an easy way of referring to the current Txp powers that be. Maybe I should find something else to use, but just “Txp devs” lacks a certain…je ne sais quoi. I think “Team Textpattern” should be reinstated, if not for anything else but to indicate, well, the current powers that be.

#15 2011-03-09 22:31:37

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

alexandra wrote:

Hi all,
i run TXPMag quite some time and hoped to pick it up again after a very busy time. But this did nt work out. So i wonder if anybody of the TXP Community is interested in taking it over? If so, let me know…

Did anyone notice that this thread got hijacked by the “go team” discussion and alexandra’s question was never answered?

Last edited by michaelkpate (2011-03-09 22:32:04)

#16 2011-09-27 17:43:19

zero
Website

I’ve been searching the forum for any mention of TXP Mag being relaunched but could find nothing. I only found out that some people were already working on it via Markus’s OPML link thingie which I subscribed to today. It has Twitter posts and I don’t do Twittering so it was all a surprise to me that there was such a lot of activity behind the scenes, yet nothing at all has been announced on forum.textpattern.com.

Why the secrecy or why not announced on the forums (whichever applies)? Has the forum taken a back seat to Twitter? Am I the only one completely out of touch with this plethora of modern web stuff? If designers are wanted to help with TXP Mag, isn’t the non-communication in the forum an oversight? Is TXP Mag, being a magazine, going to follow the fashion trends and ignore this good old-fashioned forum? Am I just too old for all this?

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#17 2011-09-27 17:59:28

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

zero wrote:

I’ve been searching the forum for any mention of TXP Mag being relaunched but could find nothing.

That’s partly deliberate and partly because the magazine’s focus is not the forum. Actually, those points are the same!

The main announcement was in the most recent .com blog, then the Facebook channel helped publicise the fact we were after editors, contributors and graphics wizzes. When @txpmag went live we used that to recruit more people. G+ will catch up eventually when we get a moment. Destry’s preparing a first mag post as I type, which will explain more.

In short, there’s no secrecy behind it. It’s just a new focus away from the old skool forum and I’m afraid you and me are going to have to catch up with all this newfangled stuff ;-) Dang, that means I might have to make my first tweet one day, despite holding an account for a few years and never saying anything.

Stef fears change :-D

Last edited by Bloke (2011-09-27 18:10:15)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#18 2011-09-27 18:02:51

uli

I think I read about it here (though kinda hidden in some newbie questions) and over in one or two of the latest meeting summaries in the devs blog of textpattern.com.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#19 2011-09-27 18:25:13

bici
Website Mastodon

“Firstly, as mentioned at the last meet, we have secured welovetxp.com. Over the past few months, between various people’s holidays, we have also been beavering away transferring ownership of TxpMag to our servers. After liaising with Alexandra and some other cool folk, and with Robert’s hard work making a new home for it, that is now complete.

Today it might look the same, but I’ve seen the plans for its revival. Destry Wion has agreed to spearhead a complete overhaul of the site’s direction and put together an editorial team to drive fresh content into the mag. And with this new curator and editor at the helm, the mag is going to go places with a proposed quarterly, issue-based format. Other facets like Twitter will be round-the-clock, naturally.”

source

…. texted postive

#20 2011-09-27 18:32:21

zero
Website

Thanks for answering my questions, Stef. Your .com blog post, and Destry’s comment, made it sound like the next step was an announcement by Destry, so that’s why the surprise at so much behind the scenes activity. I take it you discussed it in London and also on twitter, facebook and privately so I respect your decision to make TXP Mag an exclusive rather than an inclusive project. That way you wouldn’t generate super-long forum posts, so that’s one immediate benefit about actually getting it done and not just talking about it. Seems like you’ve made rapid progress if the first mag post is already prepared!

Looks like another steep learning curve for me as I am dragged screaming and kicking into all this newfangled stuff! I hope there’s built-in backwards compatibility and that other buzzword to do with still being accessible on older devices :-) I look forward to the launch.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#21 2011-09-27 18:41:56

merz1
Website

Some neutrinos go different ways and some neutrinos are hyperventilating on their way to Italy but be assured there is enough space in time for everybody :)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

Board footer