Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-08-17 10:25:25

alexandra

TXPMag - anybody to take it over?

Hi all,

i run TXPMag quite some time and hoped to pick it up again after a very busy time. But this did nt work out. So i wonder if anybody of the TXP Community is interested in taking it over? If so, let me know…

#2 2009-11-08 12:31:45

Destry
Website

Re: TXPMag - anybody to take it over?

I don’t know if anyone has responded, Alexandra, but I would think “Team Textpattern” would want to be all over this. I could give a dozen reasons why they should, but I’ll spare everyone the repetition.

#3 2009-11-08 12:36:16

jstubbs
Website

zero was also looking for someone to take over his txpq.com. Might be a good idea to roll the two sites together?

#4 2009-11-08 13:28:15

Destry
Website

The merging idea is good, Jonathan, at least worth considering, though it would make a bigger undertaking (putting it mildly). Some gains from a merge would be to help bring some consolidation of good content, and at the same time bolster a stronger product from the start. In such a case, is it sensible to rebrand? Probably. (E.g., instead of just calling it a magazine, give it a name like Textpattern Trends or something other short and reflective of the goals.)

But that’s just speculation at this point. Somebody has to adopt it first.

IF Txp did take over the magazine and put an editorial team behind it with a half-serious focus (as opposed to “Hey, this will be fun!”), I would step up for a role in that somewhere, but it would have to be owned and lead by Txp with the aim of promoting Txp “business”, not another community side act destined to go astray. I’ve seen enough of those. You need the core anchor or it won’t fly.

#5 2009-11-08 15:00:16

jstubbs
Website

Agree with your points Destry. I can’t step up on this one but your idea is very good.

#6 2009-11-08 15:08:00

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Destry wrote:

“Team Textpattern”

Please, define “Team Textpattern”. The Open Community? You, Destry, are part of it.

#7 2009-11-08 15:39:25

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Gocom wrote:

Please, define “Team Textpattern”.

Team Textpattern is the development group behind Textpattern and Textile.

We’re no longer accepting clients.

#8 2009-11-09 21:06:06

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

That was the name that the bunch of us had when we were taking on commercial Txp work. It wasn’t very successful, and died. A little while later Alex left. The website just hasn’t been updated.

#9 2009-11-10 06:44:22

bici
Website Mastodon

I had never seen the txpq.com site before. It has some useful features and articles that from my quick perusal should be kept. … with regards to the txp gallery at TXPMag it could be weeded/updated and rolled into the stuff on this very good site that is current : welovetxp

When i was looking to give TxP another try as a general CMS i hunted and googled and found many sites that frustrated me as they tended to be “dead” sites. It took a lot of effort to find the quality sites that are out there. Like txpq.com.

Recently i came across a new site by an up and coming TxP developer: Mary Poulin www.mariepoulin.com and www.prettyinpixels.ca/

One of her tutorials on building a portfolio site with textpattern was one that i really enjoyed and that got me well along the txp path for my new TxP site.

I think Destry’s idea are very good. What i think the TxP community needs is what Destry proposes. an editorial team that can guide and develop a website for branding TxP.

The trick is in finding a core group of interested individual with the energy to make it happen. It doesn’t have to be par of the TxP team, but it should work with them.

And it would be very helpful if the TextBook, The Forums, and the “TxpBrand” were all centralized on one web site.

cheers

PS and why is this : “We’re no longer accepting clients” out there? what purpose does it serve?

…. texted postive

#10 2009-11-10 07:05:23

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

It served us as a reminder of a long-gone approach to gather material incentives for this project’s developers. Now it is gone, and all we have left is an aspiration for spiritual benefits.

#11 2009-11-10 07:09:12

bici
Website Mastodon

wet wrote:

It served us as a reminder of a long-gone approach to gather material incentives for this project’s developers. Now it is gone, and all we have left is an aspiration for spiritual benefits.

i feel the love… my Spirit is Moved. …. and it brought a smile to my face … thanks!

…. texted postive

#12 2009-11-10 07:12:17

bici
Website Mastodon

Recent: wet_haystack ׀ Popular: wet_slimpattern ׀ Handy: wet_quicklink | Me.

lovely. i came cross your twitter earlier today. great job of evangelizing TxP.

…. texted postive

Board footer