Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2009-10-26 10:53:59

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Re: bot_write_tab_customize: rearrange and style items in the write tab

redbot wrote:

… Got some errors after installing plugin…

Hmm… I should investigate this furtherly. The plugin assumes you have at least two custom fields set but your error message means there is none. Is this the case?

After adding two custom_fields everything works fine! but what is it for to add custom_fields? :)

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#14 2009-10-26 11:03:16

redbot
Plugin Author

the_ghost wrote:

After adding two custom_fields everything works fine! but what is it for to add custom_fields? :)

…of course this was an oversight on my part. I’ll fix it in the next version. Thanks for reporting.

All
Thank you again, glad you find this plugin useful

Last edited by redbot (2009-10-26 14:55:14)

#15 2009-10-26 11:21:52

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

redbot wrote:

Zanza wrote:

… when wet_quickopen is active, AND I move the whole column1 (after col2, or after TD preview, for example), then two input boxes for quick searching articles appear…

Yes you are right. I hope its some jquery bug because I can’t find any valid reason for this, given that if you look at the write tab source you’ll notice the wet_quickopen input is called (correctly) only once.

Yes, actually the first input is not even working at all.

The good news it that this problem shows only if you move column_1. If you proceed the other way around (moving all other columns before column_1) everything is fine.

Exactly. That’s the way I fixed it. :)
Now the only improvement I see is about supporting extra custom fields, if set, that I suppose would be beneficial for most of us!

Thanks again! This + admin themes + custom fields + ied hide in admin (+bot admin tooltip for idle clients…) pushes txp customization to a whole new level!

Z

#16 2009-10-26 11:44:38

redbot
Plugin Author

Zanza wrote:

Now the only improvement I see is about supporting extra custom fields, if set, that I suppose would be beneficial for most of us!

This plugin is supposed to already support unlimited cfs.

Thanks again! This + admin themes + custom fields + ied hide in admin (+bot admin tooltip for idle clients…) pushes txp customization to a whole new level!

;) yes this was my aim… and don’t forget to add to the list sed_section_fields (which apparently will be integrated in the next glz_custom version ) or maybe a revised version of my bot_hide_per_section… this will allow to virtually have a totally different write tab per section!

#17 2009-10-26 11:50:53

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

redbot wrote:

This plugin is supposed to already support unlimited cfs.

My fault! I was searching for ‘custom3’ in the select list, but forgot I renamed it! :)

;) yes this was my aim… and don’t forget to add to the list sed_section_fields (which apparently will be integrated in the next glz_custom version ) or maybe a revised version of my bot_hide_per_section… this will allow to virtually have a totally different write tab per section!

Yes, I never tried sed_section_fields, because I can’t understand what version is the ultimate patch (wet of gerald’s one) and after all I don’t really need it. But I could try bot_hide_per_section, anyway!

#18 2009-10-26 12:12:03

redbot
Plugin Author

Zanza wrote:

… But I could try bot_hide_per_section, anyway!

Don’t do it! This plugin was only a prototype written months ago in a rush to replace sed_section before Wet updated it, it has no gui and it’s probably incompatible with txp 4.2.
I said maybe I’ll use it as a starting point for a new version with a gui. And, to be clear, I’m absolutely sure Gerhard will do a better work; the only difference is bot_hide_per_section can hide every item on write tab , not only custom fields.

#19 2009-10-26 13:55:37

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

bot_hide_per_section works perfectly on 4.2. It fits my small needs, for the moment. And I like the sliding effect (a pity that the same effect is not showing when turning back to the previous section with more fields, but only when making a field disappear; nice, anyway). Seems appropriate for a client of mine… :)

Last edited by Zanza (2009-10-26 13:55:57)

#20 2009-10-27 13:36:59

redbot
Plugin Author

Version 0.2 fixes this problem: now works if there are no custom fields set.

#21 2009-10-27 13:46:35

uli

Thanks, Redbot! :)

Would you please integrate the save button in your next update of bot_wtc? “Update” is comprised but “Save” isn’t.

(Thanks also for the glz_cf update on bot_admin_tooltips!)

more!bot! more!bot! ;)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#22 2009-10-27 13:50:08

redbot
Plugin Author

uli wrote:

;)
Good point Uli! I totally missed it. I’ll add it to the next release (hope soon). thank you!

#23 2009-10-27 14:01:51

redbot
Plugin Author

Ok. V. 0.3 adds the “save button” to movable items.
See the updated first post for download.

#24 2009-10-31 14:48:10

redbot
Plugin Author

V 0.4 is out. It adds some useful features:

• A custom css class can be set for each item. This let’s you define classes for items that normally couldn’t be targeted with simple css (i.e. a p surrounding a specific custom field and his label) so then can be styled adding some rules in your textpattern.css.
  • Javascript code can be set directly throught the plugin interface. Particularly useful for use with an external jquery plugin and in conjunction with the ability to add a css class to any item on the page.

See first post for updated description and download.

Board footer