Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2009-05-21 18:25:13

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Web Optimizer Plugin

If there is plugin-author, could it help with my error in message #6 ?

I’ russian, if it can help :)

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#14 2009-05-21 21:06:31

sunnybear
Website

@the_ghost: Web Optimizer is tested under Textpattern default installation. All is OK. Please post detailed issue here
http://code.google.com/p/web-optimizator/issues/list

Also it can be a problem with Web Optimizer calls placement… But this should be investigated on the actual system.

#15 2009-07-23 11:57:01

merz1
Website

sunnybear Thanks for your input here in this Textpattern thread. I think the package is very valuable for complex and huge websites which are realized with Textpattern as a CMS framework and contain a lot of inpage scripts and processes.

Astonishing to me is that Textpattern is by far the best optimized CMS out of the box as this wiki table shows. Compliments to the TXP dev team for delivering such a great and high-performance basis! (Spread the news!)

• What I am missing so far is transparency regarding what is really happening inside the web-optimizator package behind the stage.
  • Second issue is documentation esp. how to install and how to switch on/off certain features.

My big question is how much the web-optimizator package can help to build a better full page caching in textpattern core? The related frum thread is Feature Ideas » Full page caching in TXP core

Last edited by merz1 (2009-07-23 11:57:21)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#16 2009-08-15 06:13:48

sunnybear
Website

@merz1: Textpattern is very simple — it’s its main benefit. But Yslow results (through a lot of other CMSes) are very impressive, right.

About docs: unfortunately there is no active team members who can help with docs, some of articles are available in Russian on webo.in (on in books speedupyourwebsite.ru), but I have a few time to translate them correctly into English. I’m going to enlarge docs number, but primary they will be focused on end-users (your understand), because developers can somehow dig into the underlying code (it’s partly commented :), end-users can’t.
You can try to translate pages automatically through Google — they have some valuable info (I’m going to translate them in the nearest time and publish in Wiki).
http://webo.in/articles/habrahabr/100-web-optimizer-solving-troubles/
http://webo.in/articles/habrahabr/99-web-optimizer-installation-0.5/
http://webo.in/articles/habrahabr/96-web-optimizer-settings/

About caching: Web Optimizer isn’t aimed to allow ‘full page caching’ for any CMS. There is very simple and very fast caching for raw HTML pages, but it will be broken with any sign of complicated logic (i.e. POST requests or Cookie behavior). The best solution that I’ve seen is Joomla! 1.5 System-Cache plugin (sorry I have a few experience with Drupal) — it creates a cached pages depending on a lot of environmental settings (UA, cookie, params, etc). But I can recommend maybe only approach, not the solution itself.

Web Optimizer will have plugins API to allow its deep integration into CMS (hooks on install, uninstall, pre-cache, after-cache, pre-optimization, after-optimization). But you know there are a lot of requests from different sides and different groups of developers about features, docs, components, plugins, integration, etc. I will try to reserve Web Optimizer as a ‘pure external’ optimization software maybe with a lot of additional stuff to make its integration easier (specific components for well-known or paid CMSes).

Last edited by sunnybear (2009-08-15 06:19:45)

#17 2009-08-15 11:56:58

merz1
Website

Thanks Nikolay. As we are already discussing some of my shared hosting issues in Multiple issues with PHP that works as CGI I can state that

• wbo is an impressive integrated package of different solutions
  • I am impressed about the ease of installation, configuration and the automated update feature (see ‘important’).

Important: Keyword: Man in the middle attack. > I am missing security audits. How to detect if somebody hijacks wbo or parts of it to deliver bad content? Not to assume something but wbo is a pretty risky package.

Re. caching: My test show that raw full page HTML caching is working very well in a pretty standard Textpattern installation combined with wbo.

For the integration with TXP it would be great if a plug-in developer could take the existing asy_jpcache plug-in (the very basic remote control part of the existing full page caching solution) and adopt the existing code to use the new plug-in as a remote control for wbo to trigger cache purges or even more.

Tip re. issues & bug reports: code.google.com/p/web-optimizator is the place for filing reports.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

Board footer