Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-02-09 03:46:49

teagster

Problem with install: unkown column / tag error ?

This was my first time installing Textpattern. I setup a local test server using XAMPPlite and then installed Textpattern onto it. The installation basically went fine, and I was brought to the screen at the end where it says “My Site” and “My pithy slogan” etc, except instead of a menu on top, I just have a bunch of error text. This is what it says:

————

Warning: Unknown column ‘load_order’ in ‘order clause’ select name, code, version from txp_plugin where status = 1 AND type IN (0,1) order by load_order in C:\xampplite\htdocs\textpattern\textpattern\lib\txplib_db.php on line 82

Tag error: <txp:article_custom section=’<txp:section />’ wraptag=“ul” break=“li”> -> Textpattern Warning: Unknown column ‘Expires’ in ‘field list’
select *, unix_timestamp(Posted) as uPosted, unix_timestamp(Expires) as uExpires, unix_timestamp(LastMod) as uLastMod from textpattern where 1=1 and Status = 4 and Posted <= now() and (now() <= Expires or Expires = 0) and Section IN (‘default’) order by Posted desc limit 0, 10 on line 82

Tag error: <txp:article limit=“5” /> -> Textpattern Warning: Unknown column ‘Expires’ in ‘where clause’
select count(*) from textpattern where 1=1 and Status = 4 and Posted <= now() and (now() <= Expires or Expires = 0) and Section != ‘about’ on line 82

Tag error: <txp:article limit=“5” /> -> Textpattern Warning: Unknown column ‘Expires’ in ‘field list’
select *, unix_timestamp(Posted) as uPosted, unix_timestamp(Expires) as uExpires, unix_timestamp(LastMod) as uLastMod from textpattern where 1=1 and Status = 4 and Posted <= now() and (now() <= Expires or Expires = 0) and Section != ‘about’ order by Posted desc limit 0, 5 on line 82

————

I’ve looked around but can’t seem to find a solution… from what I’ve read it seems like I have two separate problems maybe? I think it has to do with mySQL, but I don’t know much about it so I’m not too sure…

Any help is really appreciated.

#2 2009-02-09 10:20:00

redbot
Plugin Author

Re: Problem with install: unkown column / tag error ?

This seems to be a rather common problem lately, anyway nothing to wory about too much, see this post or do a google search and I think you’ll find a solution.

#3 2009-02-09 19:42:58

teagster

Yeah the one you linked is the only post I could find that was related, and the OP never mentions if it was solved for him… google didn’t help much either… one thing mentioned was to check if I have ALTER permissions? How do I check that?

I think a large part of why I can’t fix this is because I don’t know what is actually wrong…

#4 2009-02-10 00:35:17

redbot
Plugin Author

You are right , sorry. Google isn’t useful here.
Actually from a quick overview the problem seems to lack a straigth solution so I can only give you some trivial (and probably unuseful) suggestions.
1) Have you already tried reinstalling from scratch?
2) I don’t think your problem has to do with alter permissions, given that you are in a local environment (using windows I presume)
3) I suppose you have also tried the first suggestion in the post I linked to (setting version to 4.0.6 and then logging in again)

Sorry I can’t think to nothing helpful now, the ‘funny’ thing is I had this exact problem too but I can’t remember how I fixed it
…I hope someone more experienced than me can help you.

Last edited by redbot (2009-02-10 00:36:14)

#5 2009-02-10 10:32:19

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Some info about MySQL permissions (including ALTER permission). The fact that you’re in a local and/or Windows environment has nothing to do with the fact that ALTER permissions are mising.

The problem in a nutshell is: when TXP is installed, you have an outdated set of tables. TXP has a set of upgrade scripts that change the tables after you’ve logged in on the admin side (you did do that, right!?). Those upgrade scripts need permission to ALTER the table layout to add the missing columns.

#6 2009-02-10 10:59:27

redbot
Plugin Author

ruud wrote:

The fact that you’re in a local and/or Windows environment has nothing to do with the fact that ALTER permissions are mising.

Yes, but the fact he is using xampplite (which as far as I know is for windows only) means that all privileges are granted by default to root user. This package is a simplified version of xammp (“Take-Run-Delete-Forget-it” – from the apache friends website) and normally is used just for not having to deal with permissions. Furthermore, as I said before, I had the same problem using xampplite and I do have all privileges granted.

#7 2009-03-01 00:10:41

Jack_

Another newbie here, same problem as OP trying to install on my localhost Running XP Pro and XAMPP Lite

I did check the txp_plugin table and in fact the column load_order does not exist

I dropped the database, deleted the config.php file and reran the set scripts and still get the same error

Any advice?

Board footer