Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2004-08-08 23:27:19

abilstein

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] chh_article_custom

Are there any issues with using this inside an article? It works fine for me when used in a template, but fails in an article.

I tested using a very limited parameter set. I used the exact same code in the same article using only the default article_custom and it worked fine, but chh_article_custom fails.

Any thoughts?

#26 2004-08-09 02:14:43

takshaka
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Mmm. Use of chh_article_custom within article text is, shall we say, not recommended. I imagine if you are not careful you could end up with some lovely infinite recursion.

I really don’t think it’s a good idea to use any txp tags within article text unless they are specifically designed for it — like the various excerpt-related plugins — not because doing so may produce undefined results (though that’s possible, too) but because this breaks the separation of code and content.

FWIW, using txp:article_custom with no attributes within an article crashed my apache process whether I used txp:article or txp:article_custom in the page template.

#27 2004-08-09 14:00:01

abilstein

Interesting.

The reason I wanted to do this was to avoid making multiple templates (Pages) within one section. In this case, it’s a News section with one static page, one page displaying a list of articles from multiple categories, and several pages displaying a list of articles from one category.

Since the template is otherwise identical aside from the display of articles, I wanted to minimize the number of templates I had to maintain. I can’t seem to do this without moving some of the display logic into the articles themselves.

I should also menteion that I want to use clean URL’s so passing the category name through the URL is undesirable.

I guess I’ll have to make another template, but it would be nice if I didn’t have to do this.

Interesting that it crashed your process. Is there a resource of what should be used in templates and what should be used in articles? It’s not quite clear to me I guess.

#28 2004-08-11 17:30:27

vaughn-taylor
Website

I really think this plug-in will resolve many issue I have, however, I must make it work first. I’m using version .41…

This works: <code><txp:chh_article_custom form=“faq_article” listform=“faq_list” limit=“1000” /></code>

When I change it to this: <code><txp:chh_article_custom form=“faq_article” listform=“faq_list” limit=“1000” category=“General” /></code>

I get the following message: <code>Warning: array_push(): First argument should be an array in /home/www/server/beta/textpattern/publish.php(764) : eval()’d code on line 227</code>

Any suggestions?

Last edited by vaughn-taylor (2004-08-11 17:30:44)

Work until your carpal tunnel makes you cry.
—————————-
My “bloggy” TP site >> liberalrevolt.com

#29 2004-08-11 17:54:35

vaughn-taylor
Website

I may have resolved my problem … I guess I need to include the children attribute if I’m using the category attribute? It fixed the issue anyway.

Work until your carpal tunnel makes you cry.
—————————-
My “bloggy” TP site >> liberalrevolt.com

#30 2004-08-12 21:29:01

takshaka
Archived Plugin Author
Website

> vaughn-taylor wrote:
> I may have resolved my problem … I guess I need to include the children attribute if I’m using the category attribute? It fixed the issue anyway.

No, it’s a bug. I’ll have a look at it. I may have been victimized by PHP’s lack of DWIMery.

#31 2004-08-13 05:15:22

obeewan
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Found a “bug” in the chh_flipflop.

This is an example of the code from the page:
<txp:chh_article_custom form="project_list" category="Web" section="project" sortby="Title" sortdir="asc" listform="project_list" />

And this from the form:
<tr class="<txp:chh_flipflop odd="shift" even="normal" />">

However .. I have multiple <txp:chh_article_custom> on the page which all use the same listform and it seems as the chh_flipflop does not reset the count since the next list I show start with the corresponding next odd/even that the latest list would have.

Example

Last edited by obeewan (2004-08-13 05:35:02)

Plugins: ob1_advanced_search 1.032b, ob1_search_score 1.0, ob1_pagination 2.5, ob1_title 4.1, ob1_modified 2.1

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
— Sun Tzu

#32 2004-08-14 23:48:01

obeewan
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I took action and updated the code of the plugin to go for my needs by adding the count to a global var instead (named $chh_article_custom_count since it had to be set there, not in the chh_flipflop).

Read my post on this

Last edited by obeewan (2004-09-06 13:20:51)

Plugins: ob1_advanced_search 1.032b, ob1_search_score 1.0, ob1_pagination 2.5, ob1_title 4.1, ob1_modified 2.1

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
— Sun Tzu

#33 2004-09-06 07:30:34

drewdrew

If I’m not mistaken, this wonderful plug-in doesn’t seem to accept wraptag or break. Is this by design? Any chance it could be added? I’m trying to avoid hard-coding a UL, for example, around this tag to produce the desired results. Don’t want to lave an empty UL floating out there if/when its criteria isn’t met.

#34 2004-09-06 12:02:42

Gabe

Maybe comeone can help me out – I’m getting blanks with this:<code>
txp:chh_article_custom form=“bio_form” category=“bio” </code> – which attributes have to be set explicitly?

#35 2004-09-06 13:22:40

obeewan
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Gabe,

Does the form exist, correctly spelled and do your category have articles assigned to it? (Sounds basic but easy to miss).

— Sun Tzu

#36 2004-09-06 14:59:43

Gabe

Yep, even <code>&lt;txp:chh_article_custom form=“Single”&gt;</code> doesn’t seem to work, while <code>&lt;txp:article_custom form=“Single” &gt;</code> works fine. The plugin is ‘Active’. I’m a complete beginner on using plugins – is there a classic mistakes list you could point me to?

Board footer