Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#511 2008-10-28 14:30:04

macinchik

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

Yes, I found the remark hostile — and (possibly) understandably so if I had really been one of those people that jump straight to asking questions without doing their homework first — but I had in fact consulted the documentation quite a bit in this case, and had misinterpreted things, exactly as OpalCat describes above (I had seen the tag in question but I thought it only functioned in the scope of the search function).

So, yeah, Markus, I would suggest going easy on the “RTFM” in the future unless you know how someone will interpret your tone, or are sure that someone really is just looking for easy answers, and instead of quoting the manual, point people in the right direction, but don’t do their work for them.

Now let’s get back to tagging! :)

Cheers,

#512 2008-10-28 15:52:54

merz1
Website

@macinchik OK, here is my personal excuse for you. But pls. accept, as you know me by now (if you read the thread), that the hostile shortcut (& the hint & the code exampel) was never meant in a hostile way but just as a ‘shortcut’.

Next time I will use the more fuzzy FYI or a simple A: to be on the save side.

Nathan

I had seen the tag in question but I thought it only functioned in the scope of the search function

Hmm, how can this be better explained in the instructions? Now the docu says:

tru_tags_tag_parameter

This tag can be used anywhere and will return the name of the current tag under search, during a tag search. This is generally used with tru_tags_if_tag_search.

Maybe something like this:

This tag returns the tag (keyword) you are searching for. This way it is possible to render the ‘keyword’ searched for on a ‘tag search result page’ (/tag/keyword). This is generally used with tru_tags_if_tag_search.

Last edited by merz1 (2008-10-28 16:02:42)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#513 2008-12-01 16:23:52

merz1
Website

Did somebody update a TXP installation from 4.0.6 to 4.07 with tru_tags 3.3?

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#514 2008-12-01 17:30:47

els
Admin

I upgraded to 4.0.7 using tru_tags 3.0 (didn’t realize there were newer versions). Seems to work fine. I’ll try updating to 3.3 later tonight.

#515 2008-12-01 22:19:31

els
Admin

merz1 wrote:

tru_tags 3.3?

Markus, is that a typo? I don’t find anything higher than 3.1 :)

#516 2008-12-02 11:43:11

merz1
Website

@Els: Before downloading and installing 3.3. to your TXP 4.0.7 pls. make sure you have a working backup version. I have read one unconfirmed 4.0.7 article that tru_tags might not work.

Das Update hier im Blog war innerhalb einer Minute durchgeführt. Bis auf das Plugin tru_tags, das hier für die Verwaltung der Tags arbeitet, kamen alle mit der neuen Version anstandslos klar. Ich musste die Tag-Funktion daher kurzfristig deaktivieren, hoffe jedoch auf ein schnelles Plugin-Update.

Source: Textpattern 4.0.7 erschienen – 3rd last paragraph

Tru_tags 3.3. was an unofficial release only mentioned here in the forum thread. You can find the release by listing Nathans forum posts where you will also find more details about the release.

Latest post about tru_tags 3.3
Direct download tru_tags 3.3

#517 2008-12-02 11:59:10

merz1
Website

@nathan Re: truist.com changes

I will send the message to some rainskit.com mail addresses :)

1. Your forum profile still mentions truist.com.
  2. I have no idea where the forum mail form is going to but I hope you can be reached.
  3. rainskit.com also still has truist.com in the page title.

#518 2008-12-02 14:06:06

truist
Plugin Author
Website

All – I haven’t yet tried tru_tags in a 4.0.7 environment, but I will, sometime this week or weekend. If anyone does encounter a problem, please post as much detail as you can here, and that will speed the fix :)

Markus – thanks for sending me the notes. I had updated my email address on the forum, but I didn’t realize that there was a separate link to my (old) website, so now I’ve updated that also. But your third item – truist.com in the page title – I don’t see that. Can you send me a link to a page that has the problem?

#519 2008-12-02 16:40:35

els
Admin

Markus (and Nathan), I just updated tru_tags to 3.3 in my local 4.0.7 install, and so far I haven’t seen anything that doesn’t work. But I must say I’m not (yet) using all possible tags. Do you know what was the problem on the site you mentioned?

#520 2008-12-03 14:06:43

merz1
Website

Els: No descriptions, no code and no reaction to my comments on the blog so far. I believe the owner might have some issues with the new parser and should check all his parameters for correctly " quoted parameters. But as I said: no confirmation and it seems to be the only case with tru_tags so far.

Last edited by merz1 (2008-12-03 14:07:09)

Board footer