Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1045 2008-11-06 08:38:50

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

1. How do i make this code output right article list, according that id i set is id of article, not current language rendition:
    1. <txp:article_custom id="2" limit="99"><txp:l10n_permlink /></txp:article_custom>
  2. Is my use of l10n_permlink right?

Last edited by the_ghost (2008-11-06 08:40:00)

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#1046 2008-11-09 00:55:03

otti
Website

Hi net-carver,

thanks for the info. I inserted the tag in my pages and it worls now.
Thanks again for this excellent plugin.

Cheers
otti

#1047 2008-11-09 13:59:24

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

All

The latest dev snapshot is “delayed.”

This one will have these fixes…

Improves…

• Admin side localisation of category/section names (but this is still incomplete)
  • version numbering: updated to v0.9.x to avoid problems with confusing 0.8.x series version numbers.

And adds…

• new tag: l10n_get_rendition_id
  • new indexes to the articles’ language & group columns in the DB

This version should work as-is with txp 4.0.6 stable.

Best regards,

Last edited by net-carver (2008-12-06 19:45:06)

Steve

#1048 2008-11-09 17:18:22

els

Thank you :)

For those who don’t want to search the thread yet again for upgrade instructions: here they are. This time I’ve copied them to a form in my MLP install ;) and for myself added one more action (posting this in case there are others who are doing this as well): in l10n_langs.php change English (GB) to English.

#1049 2008-11-09 22:20:04

els

net-carver wrote:

For those working with the latest SVN versions: don’t go higher than r2989. r2990 is breaking this again.
(I already mailed Steve about this.)

Edit: can easily be solved by adding a new column ‘Expires’ to the l10n_txp_(language code) tables. I added them after ‘Posted’, with the same prefs as the ‘Expires’ column in the textpattern table.

Last edited by els (2008-11-09 22:56:06)

#1050 2008-11-09 23:48:47

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

All

what do you know :) I’ll be releasing 0.9.10 pretty soon. Thank you for spotting that change Els.

Steve

#1051 2008-11-10 04:05:53

otti
Website

Hi net-carver,

After testing MLP on a test-server I would like to install it now on a live site. Unfortunately that server does not support plugin compression. Would it be possible for you to provide an uncompressed version of the three plugins required for installation?

Many thanks
otti

#1052 2008-11-10 08:39:36

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Otti

hang on, let me fix this issue that’s come up with the latest SVN commits and I’ll release a new 0.9 and also put up an uncompressed version for you. Please be aware that the MLP Pack is not a plugin but a mod (otherwise known as a hack) that requires careful administrator attention when you upgrade your textpattern+mlp installation. You might want to keep this in mind if you are putting it on client sites.

Els

I suspect the problem is related not only to the new column in the textpattern table but also the new index that r2990 added. The MLP pack does duplicate extra columns upon running the install wizard, but not extra indexes. If you just updated the MLP Pack from 0.8.x -> 0.9.9 then the extra column will be missing from the existing language tables — and suspect this caused your error.

You will probably be able to work around this (other than manual addition of column) by doing an uninstall from the MLP Wizard tab — remembering to keep the group and language settings — and then just running the install wizard again. However, this is just a hunch. If you do want to try that, be sure to back up your DB first.

Anyway, I’ll work on a fix for it tonight.

Steve

#1053 2008-11-10 09:18:28

otti
Website

Net-Carver,

Thanks again for all your efforts. Since I haven’t installed MLP yet on the clients website (was about to when I encountered the uncompressed issue) I should not run into any problems when installing it, correct?
Looking forward to use your new uncompressed version.
Cheers
otti

#1054 2008-11-10 17:20:21

sirNemanjapro
Website

I have installed 4.0.6 and MLP 0.7.650.
I have installed 2 languages English GB and Serbian. But when I want to “copy” to Serbian it says English.

In top right corner on drop-down list it says English [sp-rs], it should go Srpksi [sp-rs]. Why is this happening and how to solve it?

“… they were enterprising voyages…” – Mr. Spock ( from Spock vs. Q )

#1055 2008-11-10 17:49:00

els

net-carver wrote:

You will probably be able to work around this (other than manual addition of column) by doing an uninstall from the MLP Wizard tab — remembering to keep the group and language settings — and then just running the install wizard again. However, this is just a hunch. If you do want to try that, be sure to back up your DB first.

Just to confirm: both methods seem to work. In my remote development install I did this:

1. Upgraded the MLP Pack to 0.9.9
  2. Upgraded TXP to r2992
  3. Manually added the ‘Expires’ column to the l10n_txp_(language code) tables

In my local copy:

1. Upgraded the MLP Pack to 0.9.9
  2. Upgraded TXP to r2992
  3. Ran the uninstall wizard
  4. Ran the install wizard again

So far both sites seem to work without problems.

Uninstalling and re-installing made me aware of something else though: the uninstall wizard removes all l10n language strings from the txp_lang table. So the screen that is shown after running the wizard is in English again; translating those strings, and those that are used in the install wizard, seems to have been totally useless ;) Please note that this is not a big issue to me! But maybe it’s possible to add a checkbox to ‘Remove all MLP strings and unregister plugins’ as well?

#1056 2008-11-11 09:29:57

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Noticed bug within files uploads:
The first screen that appears after file was selected and the button “upload” pressed doesn’t have extra inputs foradditional languages. Everuthing is ok when you open this file from list of uploaded files.

Some thougths about Title of links:
It’s a pity that only description field in links has ability to be translated. It would be great, if i could enter extra languages to title to. The same, i think, would be useful for files and images.

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

Board footer