Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#481 2008-08-06 02:45:24

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

Glad I can help.

The altruism project isn’t mine – I recently sold my domain (truist.com) to the people who put up that site. I’m now at rainskit.com.

#482 2008-08-06 02:47:40

rsskga
Website

Oh… good to know. I assumed both were yours.

Swim Kitten, A Magento Site
When nothing but incredibly revealing dresses and swimwear will do

#483 2008-09-15 03:30:27

jodeci
Website

Hi, I’ve been using tru_tags for a while (big thanks!). Recently I’m mixing things up and noticed that when future articles are concerned, things can go a little funny.

Say I have 10 articles tagged with “txp”, where 3 of them are future articles.

<txp:tru_tags_handler form="tag" time="any" />

This pulls out all 10 articles as expected (on the according page).

<txp:tru_tags_handler showcounts="1" time="any" />

However, in the tag cloud, “txp [7]” is listed, instead of “txp [10]”. Why does the time attribute behave differently under the same tag? Also related: if I create a new tag with a future article, said tag will not appear on the tag display box (admin write tab).

Nothing major but I’d still like to count in future articles in the tag cloud, if possible that is! Thanks :)

#484 2008-09-16 15:19:11

truist
Plugin Author
Website

jodeci –

First, just a clarification – are you saying that the default cloud generated by tru_tags_handler (if you just go to the /tag/ URL) isn’t doing the counts correctly? How about the cloud generated by tru_tags_cloud? (Is it also broken?)

This is probably a bug, as is the admin-side thing. I’ll queue them up for the next release. (Actually the release after next – I still haven’t officially published 3.2, even though it’s available. These will be fixed in 3.3.)

#485 2008-09-16 15:45:47

jodeci
Website

truist wrote:

First, just a clarification – are you saying that the default cloud generated by tru_tags_handler (if you just go to the /tag/ URL) isn’t doing the counts correctly? How about the cloud generated by tru_tags_cloud? (Is it also broken?)

Thanks Nathan! Yes, the tag cloud isn’t counting correctly. tru_tags_cloud also doesn’t count right.
Here’s an example on my site, unfortunately not in English:

the tag cloud, counting only past articles

check out ‘j-pop’ to see the actual number of articles

#486 2008-09-16 15:51:53

truist
Plugin Author
Website

So first of all, wow! It’s cool to see my plugin working with a Chinese (?) site. I’ve never tested it, so it’s great to see it working.

Second – it looks like it’s working to me. In the cloud, I see [10] showing after j-pop, and when I click the link for the j-pop tag, I see 10 articles. Are you seeing something different?

#487 2008-09-16 17:32:06

jodeci
Website

truist wrote:

Second – it looks like it’s working to me. In the cloud, I see [10] showing after j-pop, and when I click the link for the j-pop tag, I see 10 articles. Are you seeing something different?

Works with Japanese too, if you’re wondering!

There’s actually 16 articles, including the top six links from another section. And by double checking I just noticed that said section needs to be included in site search in order to be counted by the tag cloud…it should now read j-pop [12] with 16 articles :)

#488 2008-09-16 19:59:39

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Sorry, I wasn’t sure if that was Japanese or Chinese, so I guessed. (Is there a way to tell?)

Either way, it looks like a bug, and I’ll fix it in the next point release.

#489 2008-09-17 01:40:39

jodeci
Website

truist wrote:

Sorry, I wasn’t sure if that was Japanese or Chinese, so I guessed. (Is there a way to tell?)

The answer is both, so you’d be correct either way :) This is way off topic, but the main difference is in kana (the Japanese alphabet, sort of). However since both languages use kanji (Chinese characters), it would be hard to tell the difference without knowledge of at least one of the language! Sort of like distinguishing UK spelling vs. American spelling without knowing English :)

Either way, it looks like a bug, and I’ll fix it in the next point release.

Thanks again!

#490 2008-09-17 02:36:26

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

jodeci wrote:

The answer is both, so you’d be correct either way :) This is way off topic, but the main difference is in kana (the Japanese alphabet, sort of). However since both languages use kanji (Chinese characters), it would be hard to tell the difference without knowledge of at least one of the language! Sort of like distinguishing UK spelling vs. American spelling without knowing English :)

Etoo, offtopic, but Japanese is very hard language to learn. If it were little easier, than it could be on my “Known languages”-list, even that i live almost exactly opposite side of the planet :P But here the main language is almost as hard as Japanese (if you compare them to english by grammar and spelling) – minus the ridicilous amount of kanjis.

…time=“any”…

Btw, why are you using future timestamp? Almost completely out of curiosity.

#491 2008-09-17 03:08:54

jodeci
Website

Gocom wrote:

Btw, why are you using future timestamp? Almost completely out of curiosity.

Mainly for upcoming events. Ideally I should use a custom field for the event date instead of the published date, but that wouldn’t work with mpd_calander so future timestamp it is. (I’ve heard great things about zem_event but the lack of documentation is quite intimidating to us PHP muggles!) Whatever works! :)

#492 2008-09-22 13:30:54

pfctdayelise
Website

Hi,

Is it a known bug that tags with periods (.) in them don’t work correctly in the /tag/ view?

I have a tag “linux.conf.au” (it’s the name of a conference as well as its URL), and you can see it is appropriately sized here: http://brianna.modernthings.org/tag/ but if you try to click on it to view the entries with that tag i.e. http://brianna.modernthings.org/tag/linux.conf.au/ , nothing shows.

thanks for any advice here…

ETA: although after upgrading to 3.1 it is super nice to have that batch rename feature :)

Last edited by pfctdayelise (2008-09-22 13:32:41)

Board footer