zero wrote:

Very useful plugin!

My pleasure, glad you find it useful.

#14 2008-08-08 00:33:48

gomedia
Plugin Author

Re: adi_notes - leave notes for Textpattern users

Rigel wrote:

It’s possible add a link in tabs Notes for edit for admin?

Sounds feasible, I’ll have a think about. In the meantime, you can select adi_notes from the popup in the top right of the TXP admin pages.

#15 2008-08-08 08:04:15

redbot
Plugin Author

Hi Adi,
Just out of curiosity, are there any significant differences with boy_enduser_docs (previously known as “tame_enduser_docs”)?
I always used this plugin because it has hak_tinymce support (I dont’ use textile) but other than that, are there other differences?
Thank you

#16 2008-08-08 11:13:33

gomedia
Plugin Author

redbot, thanks for your message.

I didn’t know boy_enduser_docs existed! I did a search through Textpattern Resources before writing adi_notes but I only found ajw_public_notepad. I haven’t been able to find a forum thread for boy_enduser_docs either.

I’ve just tried to install it in TXP 4.0.5 and it throws up an error on every admin screen:

A problem occured while loading the plugin: tame_enduser_docs -> User_Warning: Table 'textpattern.txp_boy_enduser_docs' doesn't exist
SELECT title,content FROM txp_boy_enduser_docs order by id
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(534) : eval()'d code:46 getRows() on line 84
textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:84 trigger_error()
textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:271 safe_query()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(534) : eval()'d code:46 getRows()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(534) : eval()'d code:15 boy_enduser_docs_prefs()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:534 eval()
textpattern/index.php:89 load_plugins()

and it doesn’t install properly.

But to answer your question about the differences:
  • adi_notes provides three tabs of notes (Content, Presentation & Admin), boy_enduser_docs seems to supply only one (under Content)
  • adi_notes supports Textile whereas boy_enduser_docs supports TinyMCE
  • boy_enduser_docs has style sheet support, whereas adi_notes uses the standard TXP Admin style

Other than that, I can’t tell you any more because I can’t get it to work.

#17 2008-08-08 11:36:54

redbot
Plugin Author

Adi,
yes you are right, boy_enduser probably needs some tweaking to work.
FYI I use an old version of tame_enduser_docs (the previous name of the plugin) which I modified a little once and then copied every time ( I don’t remember now, but there were necessary only little modifications).
Anyway, do you plan to add tiny_mce support (I don’t care about the possibility to add a stylesheet)?
I’m asking this just for curiosity, it’s not a formal request cos for my minimal needs tame_enduser will suffice.
Thank you.

edit I can’t check now but I think boy_enduser doesn’t support textile so the two plugins are not in direct competition

Last edited by redbot (2008-08-08 11:46:42)

#18 2008-08-08 11:44:09

gomedia
Plugin Author

redbot wrote:

Anyway, do you plan to add tiny_mce support (I don’t care about the possibility to add a stylesheet)?

No promises, but I’ll put it on my list.

#19 2008-08-08 11:55:43

redbot
Plugin Author

gomedia wrote:

No promises, but I’ll put it on my list.

Thank you Adi, but don’t spend too much time on it. As I said in my edited previous post
I think boy_enduser doesn’t support textile so the two plugins are not in direct competition.
Anyway if you manage to add this functionality I will be happy to give your plugin a try.

#20 2008-08-10 11:09:18

gomedia
Plugin Author

Rigel wrote:

It’s possible add a link in tabs Notes for edit for admin?

Implemented in version 0.3 – thanks for the suggestion, I like it a lot.

#21 2009-04-13 20:23:26

masa

Great plugin, thanks!

I just came across it for the first time and was wondering if it could be modified to allow notes that would appear only under specific sub-tabs e.g. the Write tab.

I have been using unused fields such as keywords or excerpt to post short instructions, but sometimes that’s not possible.

#22 2009-04-14 09:32:51

gomedia
Plugin Author

masa wrote:

Great plugin, thanks!

I just came across it for the first time and was wondering if it could be modified to allow notes that would appear only under specific sub-tabs e.g. the Write tab.

As far as adi_notes goes, I think the answer is probably no. It’s really designed to be a tab that sits under a parent tab.

I have been using unused fields such as keywords or excerpt to post short instructions, but sometimes that’s not possible.

Very cunning! I can see how it would be useful. It’s given me an idea. Leave it with me …

#23 2009-04-14 15:34:32

maverick
Website

A tangent thought — with the new plug-able Admin interface available in the svn, would it be possible to create a “stickie notes” plugin? Something that would put a link “add a note” on each page, (or using preferences, on certain pages?). And then diplay whatever notes are added? Getting a bit more exotic, perhaps tie visibility to user permission levels?

Just a non-coder throwing out an idea. fwiw :)

Mike

Last edited by maverick (2009-04-15 02:39:46)

#24 2009-04-14 23:28:35

gomedia
Plugin Author

maverick wrote:

A tangent thought — with the new plug-able Admin interface available in the svn, would it be possible to create a “stickie notes” plugin? Something that would put a link “add a note” on each page, (or using preferences, on certain pages?). And then diplay whatever notes are added? Getting a bit more exotic, perhaps tie visility to user permission levels?

Mike, thanks, that’s the sort of thing I was thinking about. Will need to have a play …

Board footer