Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] ob1_advanced_search

It works now!!! :) Many thanks again

#74 2007-10-13 11:43:24

obeewan
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Sweet. :)

Plugins: ob1_advanced_search 1.032b, ob1_search_score 1.0, ob1_pagination 2.5, ob1_title 4.1, ob1_modified 2.1

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
— Sun Tzu

#75 2007-10-27 14:31:56

The-Exit
Website

I just tried to install this lovely plugin. It took me quite a while, to understand the calling and setup stuff, especially that i have one call with the options and one call which produces the forms, like you indicated here.

One thing, I’m just wandering, how do you make pagination within this plugin? how do I get the link for the second page?

#76 2007-12-12 11:10:37

Anton
Plugin Author
Website

Is it possible to search for the article author? Can’t find it in the docs so I know I might be out of luck ;)

edit: I’m referring to searching for “Pär Olsson” instead of AuthorID “par”, e.g.

Last edited by Anton (2007-12-12 11:44:56)

#77 2007-12-27 20:48:57

obeewan
Archived Plugin Author
Website

The-Exit wrote:

One thing, I’m just wandering, how do you make pagination within this plugin? how do I get the link for the second page?

I personally use my other plugin ob1_pagination which does the trick.

BUGS FOUND TO SORT OUT

1. When I tried this version on a site that was installed in a subfolder with an extension to the tablenames it broke.
  2. If anyone tries to do a search with only one character the plugin can also brake.

I’m investigating the solution of both.

Plugins: ob1_advanced_search 1.032b, ob1_search_score 1.0, ob1_pagination 2.5, ob1_title 4.1, ob1_modified 2.1

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
— Sun Tzu

#78 2007-12-27 20:49:54

obeewan
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Anton wrote:

Is it possible to search for the article author? Can’t find it in the docs so I know I might be out of luck ;)

Not at the moment. I’ve added it to upcoming features.

— Sun Tzu

#79 2008-02-12 12:37:45

Anton
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks, Henrik. Sounds promising :)

On a related note, has anyone had problems installing this on a ISP? I’ve managed to set up the indexes manually (identical to my local install), all the forms and css too, but when I add some set/values to the first of the two ob1-tags, I get a blank page. Having just one ob1-tag gives me the forms (and I’m able to search). Sometimes I get some results, sometimes not (may be a separate issue though).

TIA,

/Anton

#80 2008-03-04 08:33:21

Anton
Plugin Author
Website

Ignore my bug report above, Henrik. I noticed it was a PHP5-only function (array_combine) that caused me troubles on my ISP. I removed the @-sign and used this PHP4 compatible snippet first in the plugin code, which made it work.

#81 2008-03-18 11:37:03

husainhk
Website

Can this plugin be used to search for article images, along with the article titles, body, excerpt etc.? If not, do any plugins or solutions exist?

#82 2008-05-14 13:53:46

obeewan
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’ll look into the array_combine problem along with the author search.

Searching images .. Not sure how it should be done. Maybe a coming feature. But as you all might have noted, updates come in a brief period of my time then take a leave of absence again.

— Sun Tzu

#83 2008-06-08 11:32:06

gomedia
Plugin Author

Henrik,

Your plugin provides excellent enhanced functionality, thanks.

I have to admit that I’ve failed miserably to install it in any other flavour than vanilla – i.e. <txp:ob1_advanced_search />. Adding my own sets and values just stops it from working – even after upgrading from PHP4 to 5. Due to the complexity of the options, maybe a preference file or admin page might be better for us mere mortals.

I have found some other problems with it though.

1) <div id=“ob1without “> is missing its closing </div>. It’s easy enough to correct this in the ob1_search_advanced_form though.

2) In the ob1_search_advanced_header form there’s some string replacement errors, which results in a missing </div>. I’ve managed to fix it by inserting some extra characters into the form, thus:
<div id=“ob1SearchHeader”> results%Displaying %start%-%end of total article./results no_results Your search resulted in 0 articles, please try again./no_results
<!— —>
</div>

3) 1 or 2 character search attempts result in a “Tag error: <txp:ob1_advanced_search/> -> Notice: Undefined offset: -1 on line 813” error and many, many others

Through a combination of form edits, plugin code changes and CSS I’ve implemented a simple search option, which will scan all articles (past AND future), searching titles, bodies, excerpts, and custom fields. Just what I needed.

Thanks again,

Adi

#84 2008-08-29 01:26:34

fbox

Hi all!

Up and working well with ob1_advanced_search. Thanks obeewan, and others, for all the work you’ve done. Documentation is a bit daunting, but after reading it comprehensively and trying a few things, it all makes sense.

I am interested in two further enhancements, or even a custom hack for the following:
  1. Being able to restrict the search to a specific article category1/category2 by using a drop down menu populated with article categories
  2. Being able to restrict the search to results with a specific custom_field, ie a finite list of Australian states.

I’d be happy enough if the above was achieved with separate form fields that somehow added terms to the single search query. I’m sure it’s not that difficult?? Add some HTML form field code manually, possibly with some PHP or JS goodness to combine the terms into a single query string? Maybe that’s being naive.

I tried adding an extra set of fields to the form manually to introduce the category into the URL (ie. http://www.sitename.com/section/?q=searchterm&c=foo) but that didn’t seem to affect the search results.

If there’s no straightforward solution, I’m happy to sponsor someone a modest fee to get this working, and am willing to share the results if anyone else is interested.

Any takers?

– fbox

Board footer