1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » asv_tumblelog

#61 2008-06-04 12:20:16

sthmtc
Website

Re: asv_tumblelog

merz1 wrote:

Amit Is PHP5 necessary? I can’t get feed import to work (The SimplePie plug-in works perfectly well).

no, i’m using it under both php 4 and 5 and it works perfectly fine. i find that the most time things are not working as expected it is due to non-valid or not-100%-valid feed. i.e. i was building this little one-page-aggregator-thing and came across quite a few errors with some of the feeds. however, using a republishing service such as feed informer solved every single issue.

#62 2008-06-04 12:45:25

merz1
Website

Sven, I will maybe try ‘feed informer’ for test purposes but I can only say that simplepie.inc has no problem i.e. to pull del.icio.us feeds and to show items on my homepage.

And I have tried different single feed sources but not one updated via asv_tumblelog (but all showed fine via SimplePie demo). I think I will have to set up a naked TXP test installation :(

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#63 2008-06-04 12:47:55

sthmtc
Website

merz1 wrote:

Sven, I will maybe try ‘feed informer’ for test purposes but I can only say that simplepie.inc has no problem i.e. to pull del.icio.us feeds and to show items on my homepage.

if you could provide me the feed in question then we might be able to further narrow this down. maybe it’s working for me (i have three different environments i can test this in)…

#64 2008-06-04 18:17:58

merz1
Website

Sven, no problem:

Feed

http://feeds.delicious.com/rss/merz1/
Import Images NO
Convert Video YES
Comments ON
Category1 Lesezeichen

Diagnosis output

Textpattern-Version: 4.0.6 (r2805)
Letzte Aktualisierung: 2008-02-07 17:02:58/2008-02-07 17:02:08
(…)
Textpattern-Pfad: …/textpattern
Schema der URLs: section_id_title
Temporäres Verzeichnis: …/textpattern/tmp
Seiten-URL: sankt-georg.info
PHP-Version: 5.2.6
GD-Graphikbibliothek: bundled (2.0.34 compatible); Unterstützte Grafikformate: GIF, JPG, PNG.
Lokale Serverzeit: 2008-06-04 20:14:36
MySQL: 5.0.45-log
Regionale Einstellungen: de_DE.UTF-8
Server: Apache/1.3.34 Ben-SSL/1.55
PHP Server API: cgi
RFC-2616-Header: 0
Betriebssystem des Servers: Linux infong 2.4 #1 SMP Tue Dec 18 22:34:10 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux Linux infong 2.4 #1 SMP Tue Dec 18 22:34:10 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux
Aktive Plugins: ako_nav-0.9.1, rss_link_date-0.1, rss_suparchive-0.18, zem_contact_lang-4.0.3.03m, zem_contact_reborn-4.0.3.17, rss_admin_db_manager-4.3m, ppc_navigation_aid-0.5, rss_article_edit-0.1, rss_admin_show_adv_opts-0.3, rss_linkcat_list-0.1, mem_glinklist-0.8.5, tru_tags-3.1, chh_if_data-0.10, asy_jpcache-0.9.8m, rss_auto_excerpt-0.5m, asv_tumblelog-1.6.2, asy_sitemap-0.7m, upm_savenew-0.4, by_youtube-0.4, SimplePie Plugin-1.2.2

Voruntersuchung:
————————————
Einige Textpattern-Dateien wurden modifiziert: /../index.php, /lib/classTextile.php
————————————

Inhalt der .htaccess-Datei:
————————————

# MM: einfach mal rausgenommen: index.html

DirectoryIndex index.php

# PHP bei 1und1 mit PHP5 oeffnen (default:PHP4)

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php

#Options +FollowSymLinks #RewriteBase /relative/web/path/ # MM Notwendig bei 1und1 wenn TP in ‘/’ residiert

RewriteBase /

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d RewriteRule ^(.+) – [PT,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php </IfModule> #php_value register_globals 0

————————————

Last edited by merz1 (2008-06-04 18:22:22)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#65 2008-06-04 18:23:38

sthmtc
Website

i’m able to import your feed on PHP 4 & 5, on two different hosts (server setups) :S

Last edited by sthmtc (2008-06-04 18:23:47)

#66 2008-06-04 21:31:43

merz1
Website

Sven, thanks a lot :) but the positive results don’t help me much at the moment :(

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘./lib/simplepie.inc’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php5’) in …/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()’d code on line 1478

I would love to get some more specific help for the specific fatal error because right now I don’t see something I can do except doing a lab test with a clean TXP test installation (which is pretty useless for my production site).

#67 2008-06-04 21:56:10

sthmtc
Website

sorry markus for not being very helpful so far :)
however, you should try the complete path! afair i was having that very same issue a while ago. tried multiple combinations on how to specify the path and solved it by using the absolute path of the filesystem, i.e. /usr/www/123345/whereever/thefile/is/simplepie.inc

Last edited by sthmtc (2008-06-04 23:10:48)

#68 2008-06-05 15:35:22

merz1
Website

Sven, I have tried everything and all paths thinkable incl. copying the .inc into textpattern/.

Oops, just to be sure I checked it again a second ago with the full path and now it worked. Strange.

Thanks for the motivation not to give up!

#69 2008-06-05 22:20:14

merz1
Website

OK, working fine now but with some rough edges which I can’t figure out. My report:

You will find my collection here: sankt-georg.info/sammlung. At the moment I am only importing my del.icio.us feed.

• Imported a feed, deleted all articles, could not reimport the feed. Error: “Not importing”. I had to do the following to get the items back:
    • I manually set the latest update date back in the database table. Feature request: Override update date to reimport feeds.
    • I had to clean the cache with JPCache-Cleaner. Otherwise the ?asv_tumblelog_updatefeeds=1 output was cached.
  • My standard header does not work for individual articles created by asv_tumblelog. I had to do the following to get the header behave properly:
    • For the <title> I am using an if/else construct which spits out different header titles for different outputs (categories, sections, tags,…). This mechanism had to be deleted and replaced by the very basic content depending on <txp:if_individual_article>. Otherwise the whole individual article showed up in the title.
    • Avery similar mechanism spits out individual <meta name="description" content="". This mechanism had also to be deleted and replaced by the very basic content depending on <txp:if_individual_article>. Otherwise the whole individual article showed up in the meta description.

#70 2008-06-05 23:11:36

sthmtc
Website

markus, you can override update your articles like so:

http://YOURTXPINSTALL/textpattern/index.php?event=asv_tumblelog&step=update&asv_tumblelog_overridedate=1

also: there is no article_url_title being generated on import since 4.0.6., i’ve already reported this. might be related to the problems you describe.

#71 2008-06-06 14:06:30

merz1
Website

Thanks Sven!

Btw: I cant reproduce your article_url_title problem. I am using standard txp:permlink and txp:custom_field name="" to generate local permalinks and external links to the sources.

Are you saying that an empty article title field results in a missing permalink?

Bug: Renaming a category in TXP admin GUI empties category field in asv_tumblelog feed settings.
Expected: Store category ID so that renaming a category will show up proper in asv_tumblelog feed settings.

Bug: Double space issue for feed keywords. I imported a feed and set three keywords ‘kw1, kw2, kw3’. Somehow the single spaces became double spaces which made the keyword return a 404! Now I am using ‘kw1,kw2’ and will watch what happens.
Confirmation: Yes, ‘kw1,kw2’ becomes ‘kw1, kw2’. Somehow a space is added.
Expected: Don’t touch the entered keywords :)

Feature request: Import keywords and categories from the feed as TXP keywords.

Del.icio.us offers the following format for tags:

<rdf:Bag>
  <rdf:li resource="http://del.icio.us/tag/Hamburg" />
  <rdf:li resource="http://del.icio.us/tag/Museen" />
  <rdf:li resource="http://del.icio.us/tag/Fotografie" />
  <rdf:li resource="http://del.icio.us/tag/Urheberrecht" />
 <rdf:li resource="http://del.icio.us/tag/Panoramafreiheit" />
</rdf:Bag>

Other feeds contain tags/keywords as categories like in this example:

<category term="Sankt-Georg" />
<category term="Nachrichten" />
<category term="hansaplatz" />
<category term="st. georg" />
<category term="kultur statt kameras" />
<category term="lokalpolitik" />

Does SimplePie have some way to extract those keywords???

Last edited by merz1 (2008-06-07 13:39:42)

#72 2008-06-06 14:22:35

sthmtc
Website

merz1 wrote:

Are you saying that an empty article title field results in a missing permalink?

exactly. when i try to access them individually i get an 404. the article url title field stays empty for asv_tumblelog imported articles and therefore <txp:permlink /> is empty too. this certainly worked before for me but it’s no longer working on any install i’m using. strange that it’s working for you.

Last edited by sthmtc (2008-06-06 14:23:04)

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » asv_tumblelog

Board footer