Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#109 2008-05-06 11:41:22

FireFusion

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

Anyone seen this before? It would cool if this plugin could have Amazon S3 support for digital goods.

#110 2008-05-06 13:36:10

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

Not quite the same thing, But I’ve been using e-junkie for digital stuff (fonts). They integrate seamlessly with paypal, so when someone pays, they get the files sent automatically, and has lots of advanced options like activation codes, packages, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#111 2008-05-06 13:55:53

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

FireFusion wrote:

Anyone seen this before? It would cool if this plugin could have Amazon S3 support for digital goods.

That’s a neat script, thanks for sharing. Shame it relies on Amazon S3 which is not always to everybody’s (well, my) tastes. But the source is available so I guess there’s no reason the idea couldn’t be ported to a more open system using something like mediafire for storage. Maybe then, with judicial use of this plugin — perhaps with smd_remote_file and/or some authentication — we could offer paid digital downloads of images/music/video with fairly easy management of the shop within TXP. I’d like that.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#112 2008-05-30 20:00:37

mauricenaef

Hi there

I’ve played around with the plugin, and it really works very well.

Only thing I cant figure out is weather it is possible to only show the updated number of items in the Shopping cart (yab_shop_cart), and not the whole summary… or is there a way to make it sum up instead of list?

Thanks for the help in advance!
Regards Marcel

#113 2008-05-30 21:36:28

uli

trenc wrote:

I don’t know yet where the prices for the specific property (e.g. size) will be stored. It have to be such an form that I can build an array from it. But I will think about it. [taken from post #103

trenc, have you incidentally read Bloke’s thread already, where he’s thinking aloud about a possible future Semi-persistent general storage plugin, as he calls it? A shop solution is could be just one of the possible applications of his focused plugin.

Last edited by uli (2008-05-30 21:39:44)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#114 2008-05-31 10:21:22

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Only thing I cant figure out is weather it is possible to only show the updated number of items in the Shopping cart (yab_shop_cart), and not the whole summary… or is there a way to make it sum up instead of list?

No sorry, but if you have little bit php knowledge, you can edit the output of the cart in the function yab_shop_build_cart(). It begins around line 840 in the commented source code.

trenc, have you incidentally read Bloke’s thread already, where he’s thinking aloud about a possible future Semi-persistent general storage plugin, as he calls it? A shop solution is could be just one of the possible applications of his focused plugin.

Oh, I’ve totally missed this thread. Thanks for the hint. This could be a nice solution for some things, not only for some shop enhancements.

#115 2008-05-31 13:46:59

mauricenaef

Okay,.. ive tried to figure it our and can’t say i succeded.
I keep on getting error messages regarding some commas! I really only know very little PHP.

Is there anyone who can help me with this part?

How do I only output the qty in this funtion and add my own text in front?
Kind regards

Marcel

<code>
function yab_shop_build_cart($cart)
{ $cart_display = ‘’;

if ($cart->itemcount > 0) { foreach ($cart->get_contents() as $item) { $cart_display .= tag( $item[‘name’].tag( tag(yab_shop_lang(‘price’).’:&nbsp;’.yab_shop_currency_out(yab_shop_config(‘currency’), ‘cur’).yab_shop_currency_out(yab_shop_config(‘currency’), ‘toform’, $item[‘price’]), ‘li’, ‘ class=“yab-price”’). tag(yab_shop_lang(‘quantity’).’:&nbsp;’.$item[‘qty’], ‘li’, ‘ class=“yab-qty”’), ‘ul’), ‘li’, ‘ class=“yab-item”’); } $cart_display = tag($cart_display, ‘ul’, ‘ class=“yab-cart”’); $cart_display .= tag(yab_shop_lang(‘sub_total’).’:&nbsp;’.yab_shop_currency_out(yab_shop_config(‘currency’), ‘cur’).yab_shop_currency_out(yab_shop_config(‘currency’), ‘toform’, $cart->total), ‘span’, ‘ class=“yab-subtotal”’); $cart_display .= tag(yab_shop_lang(‘to_checkout’), ‘a’, ‘ href=”’.pagelinkurl(array(‘s’ => yab_shop_config(‘checkout_section_name’))).’” title=”’.yab_shop_lang(‘to_checkout’).’” class=“yab-to-checkout”’); } else { $cart_display = tag(yab_shop_lang(‘empty_cart’), ‘span’, ‘ class=“yab-empty”’); } return $cart_display; } <code />

#116 2008-05-31 21:00:44

uli

trenc wrote:

This could be a nice solution for some things, not only for some shop enhancements.

No, this is of course once again a Swiss Army Knife plugin (the like he often bakes), and I hope it will see the light of day.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#117 2008-06-01 09:58:20

mauricenaef

So I kind of figured out how to stripp the PHP appart that it doesnt output everything in the cart section. Only thing I cant seem to fix is that it wont display all items (quantity) in summary. I would like to have it to display only the numbers of Items in my cart.

Since im a reall newby at PHP, is there any one who can help me figure out this function so it will do that?
Im sure I have to replace the foreach function, but dont know whit what or how!

foreach ($cart->get_contents() as $item) {

$cart_display .= tag(yab_shop_lang(‘quantity’).’:&nbsp;’.$item[‘qty’], ‘li’, ‘ class=“yab-qty”’);

}

Thanks in advance and regards Marcel

#118 2008-06-02 09:05:32

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

function yab_shop_build_cart($cart)
{
  $cart_display = '';
  if ($cart->itemcount > 0)
  {
    $tmp_qty = 0; // set a new variable to 0
    foreach ($cart->get_contents() as $item)
    {
      $tmp_qty += $item['qty']; // per each pass through the array add up the single quantity to the new variable
    }
    $cart_display = tag($tmp_qty, 'span', ' class="yab-cart-qty"'); // create a <span>-tag with the new quantity
  }
  else
  {
    $cart_display = tag(yab_shop_lang('empty_cart'), 'span', ' class="yab-empty"');
  }
  return $cart_display;
}

If you want an additional message you can use the existent tag <txp:yab_shop_add_message message="your message here" />.

Last edited by trenc (2008-06-02 09:07:21)

#119 2008-06-04 12:30:11

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Small bugfix version v0.3.3:

I’ve fixed the bug related with all three used product properties and and paypal. Now it should work. I’ve merged the the property 2 and 3 for paypal if both are used.

Btw: If you use the encrypted paypal button and you have generated the key and certificates on a debian etch machine please update the openssl package and regenerate the key and certifiactes. It’s urgent! See debian announcement!

#120 2008-06-06 14:50:45

mauricenaef

Ive put my site using this plugin live on the server and am getting a very strange behaviour.
If I add products it shows in my cart, when I checkout it displays as normal, but when I delete or modify it doesnt always respond imediatly and the deleted products return back in the cart when going back to the products..

Any one else experiance this? Here is the page so far (not yet fixed any IE bugs and didnt set up Paypal yet) shop.individua.ch

Kind regards
Marcel

Board footer